Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old August 26th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Not so sure that HL is reporting PL limit violations correctly- particularly attack bonuses on a given attack. Attached (hopefully) is a pdf file illustratating the issue...I already thought that there was a save DC trade off reflecting the +11 attcak's overage but as you can see there doesnt appear to be one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dragonmaster PDF.zip (289.3 KB, 3 views)
atlarman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2010, 11:04 AM
It all seems within limits. Your attacks with a +11 attack bonus are rank 3 and rank 5, both of which are well within tradeoffs. As to why it's not displaying a message saying that you have a tradeoff, I'm not certain, but it may be because it only considers some of your powers to have a tradeoff. I'm not certain how it generally handles displaying tradeoffs (does it actually display them?) when they vary across attacks.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old August 26th, 2010, 11:32 AM
usually it does display trade off from attacks/saves and such with arrows...(within the program)and reports them on the validation report.but as you can see no tradeoffs where done or noted....(the save DCs of the plus 11 attacks appear figured normally)

I only discovered that the rule was PL(10) when investigating another Players character who DID flag- though at the time he did have Attack speacialization (shuriken)2 and already a ranged attk bonus 10(base bonus 7) lol

Last edited by atlarman; August 26th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.
atlarman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old August 26th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I already see a 'fix' for this rules wise (by reducing the accurate modifier(on the power gauntlets- the root power/device) rank to +2 - thus taking the attack bonuses in question to + 9 instead of + 11) however i dont want to do this if its not needed as HL IS NOW INDICATING am I missing something here guys?

BTW- as i mentioned earlier.... there doesnt seem to have been any reduction made in the save DCs af the +11 attacks which couldve also offset the overage. I know its only a point but some GMs are picky.

Last edited by atlarman; August 26th, 2010 at 11:56 AM.
atlarman is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM
*blink* Tradeoffs won't directly affect the rank of a power. It's what rank it is no matter what the attack bonus is. A higher attack bonus just affects the maximum Save DC. You'll get a note if the combination thereof exceeds the power levels. *wry grin* I'm nowhere near my computer at the moment, so I'm a bit limited as to what I can do to check on this.

Ah... I do see one potential issue. When you combine all of your feats together, your guy has the potential for an additional +7 on Damage (hitting a martial artist criminal from the shadows) with an additional +2 to attack (being in an urban area), which means your Strike 4 is technically ranked as a +13 / Rank 15 attack which does put you at PL 14 levels. However, Hero Lab doesn't track the conditional feats, so it would not be displaying anything for that.

Other than the conditional feats, which may or may not be held against you by a GM (since the odds of them combining all at once is a bit unlikely), and that you bought all of your devices for free, you're street legal, maybe even a little underpowered.

Last edited by Duggan; August 26th, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Old August 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks Duggan -

Haha BTW my Gm Knows that the devices were freebies(simply because they were an integral part of the character concept from the begining.....And there was simply no way to build them at campaign PL 10 (150pts) along w/every other stat.

also im not talking about the powers rank....but those individual attack bonuses that are at +11...which technically i guess are over PL 10 limits

P .S. - I'm not looking @ the sheet atm but I dont think the boots were free. (*kidding duggan).

Last edited by atlarman; August 26th, 2010 at 03:07 PM.
atlarman is offline   #6 Reply With Quote