Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Website Support > Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hinairusu

Old May 16th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Okay, so I've flicked through the forums, and found a lot of Licencing issues being raised.

So i realize that due to piracy, and the cost prohibitive method of changing anything, that you guys will likely not change your licencing any time soon, But that being said, i think i have an idea that might help out some gaming societies who adore your work.

To give you my personal situation, then the idea, as to provide logical progression.

Our gaming group found out about this wonderful piece of software, (HL) a few months back. Our Treasurer decided that sure, we could buy a copy of the things for the GM's, and see how it does. We bought almost all the material, and used all four of our serials so that as a society, we could test the software out and see if we wanted to roll it out to our players.

After a few months, we all decided that we liked the software, and as such we wanted to roll it out to all our players, using our group account, so that everyone would have all the same access and information.

now the snag. we are only allowed 4 licences, before we have to re purchase everything. now, normally that would not be an issue, but as has been mentioned in other threads, just for one system we would be looking at over $100. And that's before as a society we start offering HL support for multiple systems.

So my suggestion is as follows.

Keeping in mind that you guys are a business, and while we can hope things come for free, i realize they don't, so Create a Group Serial.

If the packages cost us 50% more for the initial purchase, but we can buy extra serials at the $10 price, we would be more than happy to expand further into this product.

at the moment it seems like HL is aimed at individuals, and that LW has no support for societies or other groups that might approach them. Considering how the serials are currently managed, this implementation would not be very time consuming in terms of code, in fact, most of the work would be done server side with almost no effect upon the current user base.

Looking forward to your response,
~ Hinairusu
Hinairusu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 16th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hello Hinairusu.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your suggestion. Very much appreciated. Can you contact me directly for some further discussion of it?
John is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hinairusu

Old May 16th, 2012, 12:54 PM
An email has been sent as requested.
Hinairusu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote