Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gryndehl

Old January 8th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Found it. If Defensive Combat Training is added, it adds the monk's modified AC bonus (inclding WIS) to CMD a second time. Good catch. It'll be fixed in the next update.

Custom potion and custom wand selections have been on my to-do list for a while, but I haven't had a large enough block of time to implement them. Sorry about that.
Got additional info on the Defensive Combat Training thing in addition to some other stuff. I have included a sample character.

Quick summary:
Level 5 Monk

STR 16 - DEX 16 - CON 12 - INT 12 - WIS 14 - CHA 8

Relavant abilities/etc:

Maneuver Training, Defensive Combat Training
Under special abilites it shows AC bonus as being +3 (2 from wis, 1 for being level 5 monk), which will get added to the CMD. This is correct but will referense this later.

The CM Bonus calculation is showing the correct result (8 in this case) but the sub parts do not add up to 8. It shows 3(BAB) + 3(Strength) +3(misc). I am guessing the is the AC bonus mentioned earler, I think it was meant to show the deference between BAB and level because of the Maneuver Training. BAB should be changed to Level if any feature is causing level to be used in place of BAB, so in my case it would read 5(Level) + 3(Strenth) + 0(size) + 0(misc).

In addition to the above mentioned error you have already addressed in the AC bonus getting adding twice, another 1 seems to be creeping in. Currently it shows 28 (should be 24, with above mentioned bug should only show 27). I removed the Defensive Combat Training from the character and got 23. According to my calculations, it should be 22. It shows 3(BAB) + 3(Strength) +3(Dexterity) +0 (size). It is not showing the AC Bonus getting addeded. What is showing only adds up to 19, with the missing +3 from AC bonus, it should go to 22. I have no idea where this last point is coming from. Again, I think BAB should be replaced with Level when some feature causes this. The Misc box needs to be moved from CMB to CMD to show the effects of AC bonus. If this box is indeed part of DCD, then page needs to be reorganized a bit to make this clear.

Since I am here, a couple of suggestions. For weapons that can be flurried, it would be nice to be able to show these in the flurried attack in addition to the regular attack for appriopiate weapons.

Would like to see an option to reduce money to minimal coinage.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Murashi Venar Andrishi.zip (10.4 KB, 1 views)
Gryndehl is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 8th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Everyone, please remember to tell me where to look for the problem you're having. I spent a while going over the character, figuring out what you were referring to until I realized you're talking about the printout, not any of the information in the user interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryndehl View Post
It shows 3(BAB) + 3(Strength) +3(misc).
I'll get Maneuver Training and Defensive Combat training adding their bonuses in a way that it shows up in the BAB box, and make sure the various components are correct.

For your second question,
CBD = 10 + 5 BAB + 3 Monk AC + 3 STR + 3 DEX + 1 Dodge Feat = 25

Without Defensive Combat Training:
CBD = 10 + 3 BAB + 3 Monk AC + 3 STR + 3 DEX + 1 Dodge Feat = 23

Quote:
Since I am here, a couple of suggestions. For weapons that can be flurried, it would be nice to be able to show these in the flurried attack in addition to the regular attack for appriopiate weapons.
The question here is just how many alternate attack modes to display once I add the first: flurry, power attack, gnome vs. kobold, smite, and on and on. This game has an incredible number of situational modifiers, and there's a limit to the number that can be calculated and displayed. So, if I'm displaying flurry attacks, why not power attack, and if I'm doing both, I need to consider that monks could take the power attack feat, so then the combined bonus needs to be displayed along with the other two modes. The cells in the tables can't differ in height or width, which means that if a character has flurry and power attack, there needs to be room left on each weapon's display for all three versions - both the unarmed attack and the crossbow, even though the crossbow won't be displaying any of the various modes. There's also expandability and customization - how can a user add a new ability/feat that adds another attack mode to all or some weapons?

For now, I've decided to stick with displaying all those modifers elsewhere (namely the special tab and usually somewhere in the summary panels as well), and letting the user decide which ones apply in this situation.

Quote:
Would like to see an option to reduce money to minimal coinage.
Normally, the only benefit here would be to convert gp into pp, right? Currently you could create a new journal entry, name it "Moneychanger", and enter 10 into the PP and -100 into the gp, then press "Earn", and you'll see on the summary that the total gp hasn't changed. On your sample character, that would be all that's needed to get to the minimum coinage.

Could you tell me more about what you envisioned?
Mathias is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Gryndehl

Old January 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Everyone, please remember to tell me where to look for the problem you're having. I spent a while going over the character, figuring out what you were referring to until I realized you're talking about the printout, not any of the information in the user interface.
Sorry about that
Quote:
I'll get Maneuver Training and Defensive Combat training adding their bonuses in a way that it shows up in the BAB box, and make sure the various components are correct.

For your second question,
CBD = 10 + 5 BAB + 3 Monk AC + 3 STR + 3 DEX + 1 Dodge Feat = 25

Without Defensive Combat Training:
CBD = 10 + 3 BAB + 3 Monk AC + 3 STR + 3 DEX + 1 Dodge Feat = 23
Damn, forgot about dodge. Went over my character several times to make sure I didn't miss that 1 point somewhere.
Quote:
The question here is just how many alternate attack modes to display once I add the first: flurry, power attack, gnome vs. kobold, smite, and on and on. This game has an incredible number of situational modifiers, and there's a limit to the number that can be calculated and displayed. So, if I'm displaying flurry attacks, why not power attack, and if I'm doing both, I need to consider that monks could take the power attack feat, so then the combined bonus needs to be displayed along with the other two modes. The cells in the tables can't differ in height or width, which means that if a character has flurry and power attack, there needs to be room left on each weapon's display for all three versions - both the unarmed attack and the crossbow, even though the crossbow won't be displaying any of the various modes. There's also expandability and customization - how can a user add a new ability/feat that adds another attack mode to all or some weapons?

For now, I've decided to stick with displaying all those modifers elsewhere (namely the special tab and usually somewhere in the summary panels as well), and letting the user decide which ones apply in this situation.

Normally, the only benefit here would be to convert gp into pp, right? Currently you could create a new journal entry, name it "Moneychanger", and enter 10 into the PP and -100 into the gp, then press "Earn", and you'll see on the summary that the total gp hasn't changed. On your sample character, that would be all that's needed to get to the minimum coinage.

Could you tell me more about what you envisioned?
I was thinking mainly a button that would just do it all for you auto-magically so you didn't have to worry about making mistakes.
Gryndehl is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 9th, 2010, 09:07 AM
The Ride skill in PFRPG does have an Armor Check Penalty unlike 3.5 as its a Dex based skill. Currently in HL it is marked to not get an ACP.

PRD Ride Skill
ShadowChemosh is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
chef

Old January 9th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I haven't read through the entire thread but I just wanted to say that the liberation domain for clerics is not correctly counting it's charges equal to cleric level. The ability is always 0/0 when the total should be equal to the cleric's level.
chef is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 10th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Hide and Chain Shirt max bonus seems off 1 point
Frodie is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 11th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Ok, I don't thinks it's the armor, I think it's the house rule, "no encombrance" and/or "no coin weight" doesn't seem to work.
Frodie is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The Ride skill in PFRPG does have an Armor Check Penalty unlike 3.5 as its a Dex based skill. Currently in HL it is marked to not get an ACP.

PRD Ride Skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef View Post
I haven't read through the entire thread but I just wanted to say that the liberation domain for clerics is not correctly counting it's charges equal to cleric level. The ability is always 0/0 when the total should be equal to the cleric's level.
Fixed in the next update. Thanks for the reports.
Mathias is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 11th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Hide and Chain Shirt max bonus seems off 1 point
Hide and Chain Shirts both have a Max DEX of +4 in HL, matching the book. What problem are you seeing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Ok, I don't thinks it's the armor, I think it's the house rule, "no encombrance" and/or "no coin weight" doesn't seem to work.
If I create a blank character, his encumbrance is 3/100 lbs, because of the 150gp default starting cash. Selecting "No Coin Weight" sets that to 0/100 lbs.

If I then increase that character's DEX to 20, his AC is 15.

Then, purchase a nice heavy alchemy lab, and encumbrance goes up to Medium, so AC drops to 13, because medium encumbrance imposes a Max DEX of +3.

Now, select the "No Encumbrance" option, and AC goes back up to 15. The encumbrance is still being displayed, but no effects from it are being calculated.
Mathias is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old January 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM
IDK, I have both boxes checked, ("no encombrance" and/or "no coin weight" ), and it still is adding the modifiers. Seems to be the same on all computers HL is on. Also seems to be on new and old characters. But if it's working for you, it must be my end then, but IDK why? Newly formated computers, with clean instals, Strange. Thanks anyways.
Frodie is offline   #110 Reply With Quote