Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Littlewall

Old July 27th, 2018, 06:06 AM
I'm using an iPad OS11, HeroLab 8.6.2, v14.10 and have an issue with it stalling. I end up having to force quit Hero Lab to get out.

When I'm making any condition changes or adjustments, the iPad will get stuck with a spinning circle when it's trying to save the change. It works with v14.9 though.

Anybody else seeing this?
Littlewall is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fletchi18

Old July 27th, 2018, 03:34 PM
Same thing happening here to several of us on iPads. Started after the last update.
Fletchi18 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fletchi18

Old July 27th, 2018, 03:40 PM
So far we have tried duplicating portfolios and doing a hard reset on our devices and that fixed one out of 3.
Fletchi18 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
magall

Old July 27th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Same thing happening to me, also right after the last update

Tried the make a duplicate portfolio ...did not do a hard reset though....no change.....makes it near impossible to use currently.

Last edited by magall; July 27th, 2018 at 04:43 PM.
magall is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
King Chicken

Old July 27th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Just wanted to add that we had the same issue on 3 separate iPads at our last game. There was a lot of hands thrown up in the air and not in a good way. Any change or check box and black circle of death (as it were). IOS 11, PF 14.9 I think, maybe 14.10. No updates to download anyway. nothing we did fixed the issue, we had to use a laptop with Herolab PC and tell the GM what changes to make and he told us what dice to roll.

RW: D&D 5e Sandbox campaign - Faerun
RW: Pathfinder Sandbox in Greyhawk - waiting for Marketplace for PF rules
Using Fantasy Grounds for VTT, Waiting for Roll20Pro(Mage Hand) Release
RW: Paizo - Strange Aeons AP
King Chicken is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 27th, 2018, 09:32 PM
8.6.3 is out and seems to fix this exact issue... It works for me anyways...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
magall

Old July 28th, 2018, 11:14 AM
i have installed ipad HL update 8.6.3 and it has fixed the circling spinner not going away...

i tried it on several characters and they all performed satisfactorily

cheers
magall is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
cjfennim

Old July 29th, 2018, 01:54 PM
I've been trying unsuccessfully to open a portfolio and use any of my characters since updating my iPad to v14.10. It seems stuck on the last character that I had open. When I try to do something, click on any link, button, etc., it closes and I have to start over. This is an old iPad using OS 9.3.5. I have installed Hero Lab 8.6.3 and recently updated to v14.10. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I thought I should post here since others are reporting that 8.6.3 fixed the problem, but not for me.
cjfennim is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 29th, 2018, 02:05 PM
cjfennim - please report this as a bug through the get help button at the bottom of the first screen where you select a character. What you're describing is a crash bug, and does not sound like the same hanging app issue that others are reporting in this thread.

As a note, iPads have relatively little RAM compared to even an old desktop computer, and you mention it's an old iPad, which have even less than the recent ones. In iOS, if an application exceeds the RAM available to it, iOS closes the app, with no warnings or messages, so that may be what's happening to you. So first, I'd try closing as many other background apps as possible to free up some RAM. The oldest, original iPads can't even run HL because of the RAM issue.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
cjfennim

Old July 30th, 2018, 01:24 PM
The Hero Lab application closes when I attempt to Report a Bug through the Get Help menu. I sent an email directly to support and hopefully will hear back soon. Is it possible to back out an update or update to an earlier version? Can I back up my portfolios?
cjfennim is offline   #10 Reply With Quote