Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

akluthe

Old November 18th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I suppose I will just sit tight and wait for a response to the support email I sent. I just purchased hero lab last night for the cortex support alone. On the CortexSystemRPG unofficial forums a cortex team member posted a comment yesterday referring me to hero lab and talked about future "Cortex Plus" support. I have no real desire for Cortex Plus, but I assume they wouldn't remove original Cortex to add Cortex Plus.

I just assumed if they had planned to remove a feature like this or take it offline for a while to work on it that they would have made an announcement somewhere or the community that exists here in the forums might be privy to it.

Thanks for the help, all. I will let you know what I get back from support.

EDIT:

Quote:
Ah... this apparently happened briefly last week and they were able to fix it pretty quickly. Anyhow, I sent emails out to Rob and Colen. Hopefully, we can get this all sorted out fairly quickly.
Thanks for that. It makes me feel a little better. But why remove the webpage regarding cortex altogether?

Last edited by akluthe; November 18th, 2010 at 07:23 AM.
akluthe is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 18th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Just passing along that I talked to Colen and he plans on addressing this a bit later today. They're into trying to solve problems completely over there, so I suspect he's double-checking his work to be sure that the problem goes away for good this time.
Duggan is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
akluthe

Old November 18th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I appreciate the relay of this information. I develop and sell software too so I can understand what might go into fixing a problem like this. Licensing is a pain, we use a subscription service with a login. You pay for a subscription to each of the modules in the program and they get tied to your login. For products that are usable offline or completely offline we make our users connect to the internet and login with their credentials once a month to validate which parts of the software are operational. (we set it up save this information if the user wishes this to be automated and it validates whenever an internet connection is present at startup). This can be a big headache sometimes to support.
akluthe is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2010, 01:07 PM
We've had to temporarily suspend sales of Cortex, for which the details will be found in the thread below.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11753

For akluthe, since you apparently purchased Hero Lab during the switchover, we'll get you setup with access to Cortex. You should be hearing back from someone soon regarding the details of how to handle it.
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
akluthe

Old November 18th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Ahh, this makes alot more sense now. I knew it had to be more than just a license issue. Thank you.
akluthe is offline   #15 Reply With Quote