Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > The 9th Age

Notices

Diretiger

Old May 15th, 2016, 06:25 PM
1) Sylvan Archers – Champion should cost 10 points as shown, but it adds 22 points to the total.
2) Wild Huntsmen – Champion should cost 10 points as shown, but it adds 43 points to the total.
3) Pathfinders - Champion should cost 10 points as shown, but it adds 30 points to the total.
4) Forest Guard – Champion should cost 10 points as shown, but it adds 20 points to the total.
5) Champions seem to add a random cost depending on how many of the same units are chosen. For example, adding a Champion to a unit of Wild Huntsmen cost 43 points for the first unit, and 45 points for the second unit. Just for testing purposes, I added a third unit of Wild Huntsmen and the Champion cost 40 points.
6) This seems to be a bug with Champions of other armies as well. Specifically, I noticed that the Ogres and Chaos Warriors show incorrect values for the Champions, but I have not documented it yet.

Thanks for your hard work in developing and updating the code, we appreciate it!
Diretiger is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old May 16th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Well it is adding a model so you have th cost of the model +10. It has to work this was to due unit size limits.

So if you start with a base unit add the champion then reduce the unit count by 1 model you will see how it is accounting for the points. Long story is to make it work with the unit size limits it has to be this way.

I will look over the huntsman as that is not a common thing I have had reported.
EdSteiner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Diretiger

Old May 24th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Hi Ed, you are correct, it adds the cost of the model +10, and decrementing by one model ends up with the correct points cost.

Just curious, the Standard Bearer and Musician work correctly. Can the Champion be coded the same as them?

Thanks!
Diretiger is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old May 26th, 2016, 01:55 PM
No because champions "can" have magic weapon choices "several armies", totems "BH", wizard conclave "several armies". Otherwise if you used the same routine it would mod the champion spec options to the whole unit when they occur,
EdSteiner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote