Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

chiefweasel

Old October 27th, 2010, 06:19 AM
hey all,

Now that the D20 User Content combined files are about to go live, just give us a few days. It does bring up a problem. With all the source materials that need to be done there just isnt any way that a small group of people can do it. So we are asking for help. Our hope is to create small teams, like 4 or 5 people, to tackle an entire source book at a time. I think the best way to do this is to set up Team Leaders. These people will coordinate a team and keep it on track, then they will provide the results to us so it can be included in the D20 User Content File. So if anyone would like to be a team leader just let us know and we'll send folks your way to be on the team. To be on a team, you might want to communicate through email, but a forum topic for each source book could work as well.

Now i know some folks are saying that they dont know how to code, thats fine, i'm not good at it either. Even if they offer just to enter the data into the editor and then someone else can do the code behind it, that would be a big help.

Right now the D20 User Content file only contains files for the D20 3.5 game system. We are going to work on creating the same process for Pathfinder in a very short while, but with only a few of us working on it, it takes a time. Again a reason we are asking for help. The more people that work on the materials the faster it can be made available for everyone. So if anyone is interested in being a team leader for Pathfinder, let us know as well.

I will attempt to track all the teams and what is being worked on on my website, but team leaders will need to let me know what is happening for the information to be accurate.

ok, i think i have ranted enough, thanks.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I'll volunteer to be a team leader and programmer.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 27th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Cool, sort of figured, you, me, and Shadow would be ones, lol.

For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old October 27th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Never hurts to officially throw your hat in the ring though.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 29th, 2010, 04:45 AM
My available time tends to come and go, so I don't know if me being a team leader is really the best thing for this project. I'll continue to work on the Complete Psionics stuff as best I can, though.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 29th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Cool. I will list you down as the team lead for this project. Is anyone helping you with it? Also how far along are you? And do you need any help with it?

Thanks.

chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 1st, 2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
Cool. I will list you down as the team lead for this project. Is anyone helping you with it? Also how far along are you? And do you need any help with it?

Thanks.
No one is helping me atm. I wasn't able to do anything last week as all my free time was spent prepping for yesterday's session (ah, the joys of DMing). Unfortunately, all I have done is the powers that I already provided. I started messing around with mantles, but haven't really done anything yet. I suspect the Lurk class will be easy, so that's my next task.

As for getting help, I think we should prioritize the work. Maybe post a poll to see what people want. I suspect psionics would be low on the list, but what do I know? If it is, I'd be happy to fly solo (at least until I hit something I can't figure out) while other, more pressing needs are taken care of.

Oh, also, one of the books in the current "Lawful_G" set has some psionic powers that do not follow protocol. Not sure which book they're in, but I can try to track them down. We should consider making a fix there.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old November 1st, 2010, 05:04 PM
The only psionics I know of are part of the Races of the Wild set I believe. Those were not made by me.
Lawful_g is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 2nd, 2010, 07:59 AM
I kind of assumed that wasn't your doing.

Yep. That's where they are. There are three powers from that book, two of which also appear in Complete Psionics, one of which does not. A couple of possible solutions:

1)Remove the two duplicates altogether, keeping the other but changing the id (and name) to correspond with current standards.

2)Retain all three (with adjustments as above), but edit Complete Psionics powers to replace these.

Option 2 allows them to be used in the event Complete Psionics isn't available to the player, but RotW is. Thoughts?
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
2)Retain all three (with adjustments as above), but edit Complete Psionics powers to replace these.

Option 2 allows them to be used in the event Complete Psionics isn't available to the player, but RotW is. Thoughts?
I would say we should leave up to the player, but unfortunately if you do a Replace Thing ID that happens before any source checking.

I would say to use what Lawful_g had started and change the Powers from RotW to end in (RotW) and the duplicate ones from Complete Psionics to be end with (Cpsi) and source marked to Complete Psionics.

So if the power name is Shadow then we would have two unique Things one source marked to RotW and would have its name changed to Shadow(RotW) and the Complete Psionics to be Shadow(Cpsi).

This way if the player has only one of these books allowed by his DM he will only see that specific one. If they have both books they will be able to decide which version they are going to use.

This just puts such stuff on to the end-user as each group and DM will have their own allowed books and which version they think is right.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote