Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old May 21st, 2020, 07:57 PM
Greetings all,

I found this macro '#appenddesc' which I thought I could use to add text to the existing description for the skill. So I tried
Code:
#appenddesc[skBluff,"{b}Antagonize{/b}: Antagonize attempts relying on Bluff skill checks use deception to confound and harass opponents. Antagonize attempts made with Bluff can be verbal or nonverbal.
{i}Verbal{/i}: Your antagonize attempt is language-dependent, and your GM may award you a circumstance bonus to your Bluff skill check based on the believability of your lie.
{i}Nonverbal{/i}: Creatures that cannot be denied their Dexterity bonus to AC also cannot be affected by the antagonize attempt."]
But unfortunately that produced an error "Invalid macro reference encountered in script." Does this macro not work for skills? If not, how can I add text to skill descriptions?

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 21st, 2020, 08:14 PM
Macros must be single-line things, so if you need line breaks in your text, remember to use "{br}", not a carriage return.

So it thinks your macro ends at the beginning of that first line of text, and doesn't see a ] at the end of the line.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old May 22nd, 2020, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Macros must be single-line things, so if you need line breaks in your text, remember to use "{br}", not a carriage return.

So it thinks your macro ends at the beginning of that first line of text, and doesn't see a ] at the end of the line.
Thanks Mathias, that worked perfectly. I just added a new tool to my toolbox

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #3 Reply With Quote