Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 21st, 2011, 11:11 PM
Just wondering how to get a new template option for the editor.

My group uses all of the WoD line of books. I would like to be able to put Hunters into hero lab, along with compacts, conspiracies, etc, werewolves, and Innocents. Is it possible to add a Template feature to the editor for me to do this?
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 1st, 2011, 12:53 PM
I also want to be able to make a template for Zombies in my Zombie Apocalypse game for players who get "Converted" to the undead side of the game.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mirloc

Old November 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I'd like to see the ability to modify not only the templates, but the skills and gear as well.
Mirloc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 17th, 2011, 09:27 PM
The skills work for my game, but I would like to have the ability to add new templates. The WOD files have not had a content update in over a year now and Armory is not even a complete datafile. Its like they just gave up on it. I love the software but I would like more functionality out of it. I use the core WOD products for Zombie Apocalypse chronicles and I would like to be able to put in zombie templates. Players do get turned into undead and do get to try to turn other living characters into zombies like them.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pali

Old November 17th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Its like they just gave up on it.
Yes, there's no more support any longer.
I'm afraid we have to fix things like this ourself.
Pali is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old January 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I would really like to know the answer to this too...Is it possible to manually add other settings/templates (like Hunter, Werewolf etc) via Herolab?

I bought the WOD licence yesterday and am happy with what I got, but would like to expand on it. I am no programmer, but the content editor seems pretty easy to use.

I have searched the forums, and there seems to be several threads with people requesting additional custom data for other settings, and the general feel is that we have to do that ourselves which if ok, but is it actually possible?

jaynay27
Jaynay27 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 6th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
My problem is not lack of support for the data, any of us could input the data ourselves. Personally I know quite a few things in the editor. But as for adding in a Template Tab or Spell Tab for mage spells? No I can't do that. That is the problem I have. I could put in Mage on my own free time or hunter, but without the ability to do new spells and templates, much of the functionality of the other systems cannot be implemented.

Hero Lab is perfect software for character creation but as for doing zombie characters, I am just out of luck.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pali View Post
I did some digging online. The guys that do the hard coding for the world of darkness stuff are actually the ones doing realm works. That is why we haven't had updates. We might start seeing something once Realm Works is done. I won't hold my breath on it though.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old February 7th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Well - I asked via email to support and got a response. I was also asking whether it would be possible to re-create the system in the authoring kit to allow for this feature....I hope it is ok to post the reply (nothing really incriminating here)...so here goes:

Unfortunately templates can't currently be added to the World of Darkness setting via the editor. This is because most new templates (Werewolves, Mages, etc) work radically different to the existing Changeling and Vampire ones, and would need to have major modifications done to the game system to support them, as well as a new user interface created (for example, to select mage spells). The editor currently isn't capable of such modifications.

We're hoping to add new templates at some point, but I'm not sure when that will be, as they require a lot of work to implement in the World of Darkness files. Unfortunately it's not something that a user could do, even with the authoring kit.

Sorry I don't have better news for you on this Hope this helps

The last line gives me some hope that there may be additions in the future here

Jaynay
Jaynay27 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Silverwulfe

Old February 20th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Well, I guess that answers my question and whether I need to pony up $30 - $50 to get what I was looking for (Mage specifically in WoD). And here I was looking at buying $200 easily with Pathfinder and Shadowrun, but if I can't guy my main game, there is no point in buying the other stuff...
Silverwulfe is offline   #10 Reply With Quote