Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:03 AM
If you have experiences you'd like to share about the Hero Lab Beta we emailed out on November 3rd, please post them here - we'd love to hear them. Thanks for your help beta testing Hero Lab!

Last edited by Colen; November 3rd, 2014 at 01:44 PM.
Colen is offline   #1
Sleeping Giant

Old November 3rd, 2014, 05:33 PM
Download was easy. I am already enjoying the configuration. Being able to scroll down on some of the summaries if needed is right-on!

Question 1: Is the pop up breakdown for both Flat and Touch A/C supposed to be the same as the breakdown for the regular A/C that pops up on the white shield in the Basics Summary Window?
Sleeping Giant is offline   #2
plays2many_rps

Old November 3rd, 2014, 06:39 PM
As a Win8 user, I have run into a common (yet not always occurring) problem with "install files", when saving them via the "save as" feature. The file needs to have the name include ".exe" or Win8 gets confused & asks for which program to use when you want to use/run the file. I hope that this will help others who may not yet be aware of this inconvenience with Win8.

As a Hero Lab user, I have wanted to be able to adjust the width of summary windows/tabs/sections in order to see any info that may be "cut off" by having several summaries in use at a time. The addition of the new Stat-block summary now expands on this desire, by making me look for a way to "scroll" from side to side & reveal the other summaries that get pushed off the right side.
plays2many_rps is offline   #3
frumple

Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:05 PM
When I am trying to create a new race in the editor some of the things I select for bootstrapping are reported as cannot be found even though they do exist with the id shown in the bootstrap tab.

An example of this is when I try to bootstrap the Combat Expertise feat or the Extraplanar subtype.
frumple is offline   #4
Sleeping Giant

Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Download was easy. I upgraded configuration is great. The pop up breakdown for Tch and Flt show the same breakdown the Normal A/C does in the Basics Summary. Is that what you wanted?

If my Speed increases from the use of a Spell Adjustment, it does not give a pop up breakdown when it changes in the Basics Summary. It was prob not in the design but it would be nice to have in the next upgrade.

So far I love it!
Sleeping Giant is offline   #5
frumple

Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:17 PM
Here is a pic. of the kind of error I am talking about. Also, the Edit button is getting in the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-11-03_23-15-12.jpg (103.4 KB, 30 views)
frumple is offline   #6
Lambogini

Old November 4th, 2014, 03:17 AM
I posted about an issue I was having with Hero Lab on my iPad Air, is the beta going to extend to the iPad as well, or is it just going to be for PC? I suspect I know the answer already that its just going to be the PC.
Lambogini is offline   #7
Tekwych

Old November 4th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Just desktops on this one
Tekwych is offline   #8
Dysfunctional_apps

Old November 4th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
If you have experiences you'd like to share about the Hero Lab Beta we emailed out on November 3rd, please post them here - we'd love to hear them. Thanks for your help beta testing Hero Lab!
Hi Colen

As the android app I released may be affected by this would it be possible to join the beta program?

Regards

Lee
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #9
templeton

Old November 4th, 2014, 11:15 AM
how does one get access to the beta?
templeton is offline   #10
Closed Thread