Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM
A new update of the Pathfinder files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update adds Player's Companion: Champions of Purity as a free update for anyone who owns the Player's Companion: Golarion #5 package. This package is available for $4.99, and already includes Animal Archive and Dungeoneer's Handbook.

This update also includes player content from Pathfinder #69, 7 more iconic characters from the NPC codex, and some bug fixes.

Here's the change list for this update, copied from the FAQ:
New Releases!
  • Content from Champions of Purity is now available as the third book in the Pathfinder Player's Companion Golarion #5 package.
Special Thanks
  • Thanks to Tim Shadow (ShadowChemosh) for providing us with many new adjustments.
  • Thanks to Jeff Hersh (frumple) and Tim Shadow (ShadowChemosh) for re-working the poison abilities so that they're listed correctly in statblocks and adding some new generic poison abilities to cover even more cases.
  • Thanks to Lord Magus for providing adjustments for the Defending Bone and Shock Shield spells.
  • Thanks to Eretas for providing adjustments for the Flagbearer feat.
Enhancements & Changes
  • Added player content from Pathfinder #69 "Maiden, Mother, Crone".
  • More NPCs from the NPC Codex have been added. In this update, we have the Iconics for Druid (Lini), Fighter (Valeros), Ranger (Harsk), Monk (Sajan), Rogue (Merisiel), Cleric (Kyra), and Paladin (Seelah). To use these, choose "Import Stock Hero" from the Portfolio menu, and choose the Iconics portfolio. All Iconics are now found in the same portfolio.
  • Added adjustments for Ability Score Drain, Ability DC, Ability Uses/Period, Skill Bonus: All, Skill Bonus: All [Ability Score] Skills, Spell DC: All Spells, Spell DC: Specific School, and Spell Resistance.
  • Added several new items to the spell adjustments list and the conferred abiliities adjustments.
Bug Fixes
  • The statblock's skill section now displays any racial bonuses and situational modifiers added to skills.
  • The statblock displays for the standard poisons didn't follow the proper format.
  • Master Combat Performer wasn't granting proficiency with performance weapons.
  • The Ancestor mystery was adding blindsense with a range of zero feet if the character was less than twentieth level.
  • The giant spider's climb skill bonus was incorrect.
  • The elemental bloodline's elemental blast was labeled as a supernatural ability, not spell-like.
  • The constrictor snake companion's constitution bonus was incorrect at 4th level.
  • If you were viewing the CR Estimate Panel for an NPC with a CR less than 1/2, errors would be reported.
  • The HD of monsters created with the Bestiary Monster Creator was not being calculated properly, which lead to other errors, like warnings about the number of attribute increases and skill point errors.
  • The badger animal companion was missing its climb speed.
  • The Greensting Scorpion was not gaining an appropriate INT score when taken as a familiar.
  • The Giant Isopod had an INT score that was too high when taken as a familiar.
  • The Pathfinder Savant was not requiring Spell Focus as a substitute for item creation feats, when chosen for PFS characters.
  • The Aasimar Summoner favored class was not adding the correct amount to the Eidolon's DR at 3rd level and subsequent odd levels.
  • Eidolons were not getting their class skills.
  • The Dusk Dancer trait was listed as a religious trait instead of regional.
  • The Spirit Talker trait was listed as a faith trait instead of religious.
  • The Mother's Teeth and Mother's Rage traits were sorting out of order.
  • The viking archetype wasn't removing the fighter's weapons training abilities.
  • The Dragon Domain was incorrectly limiting animal companion races to only snakes. It's Dragon breath domain ability also had an incorrect calculation for it's number of charges.
  • The Hive Totem barbarian rage power was not preventing the addition of another set of Totem powers. The same issue existed for the World Serpent Totem rage powers.
  • The dire shark was missing the grab ability on its bite.
  • The Goblin Summoner favored class was not working correctly with the Synthesist's Fused Eidolon.
  • The Aspects taken by a high level summoner were not subtracting from the Synthesist Fused Eidolon's evolution point pool.
iPad Changes & Bug Fixes
  • -
Data File Authoring
  • field[Racial].value, for racial modifiers, has been added to everything that already has the general modifier fields, like Bonus, Penalty, BonMorale, etc.
  • The #racialbonus[Id] macro has been added. It is used just like #skillbonus[Id]. Here's an example of a +2 racial bonus to stealth:
    • #racialbonus[skStealth] += 2
  • Existing races that applied their racial bonuses with #skillbonus[] now apply them with #racialbonus[].
  • The NoTypeWeps tag group has been added. This prevents types and subtypes from appylying their weapon proficiencies to the hero.
  • The #racialsituational[target,situational text,modifier's source] macro has been added. This is almost the same as the existing #situational[target,situational text,modifier's source] macro - it also adds a situational modifier to a target (like +4 stealth in forests, or +1 perception to find traps). The difference is that if a situational modifier is added with #racialsituational[], it will appear in the "Racial Modifiers" section of the statblock. Anything added with #situational[] will not appear in that list. Anywhere else, the two macros will give the same results. Here's an example of a +4 racial bonus to stealth while in forests:
    • #racialsituational[hero.child[skStealth],"+4 in forests",field[name].text]
  • The grab ability now generates its name automatically based on its target tag.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jhalad

Old April 25th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Minor issue, but I can't adjust the Armor (Shield) bonus negative. Don't know if this is even addressable or worthy of such. I'm trying to enter PFS Scenario's into Hero Lab, and this is the only "in scenario" error I haven't been able to adjust for.

Also, the +2 Abysium Longsword of Lifestealing is listed as the first selectable weapon when you try and make a custom magic/masterwork weapon, instead of -Custom/magic weapon -.

Last edited by Jhalad; April 25th, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Jhalad is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2013, 07:57 AM
There is a stickied thread in this forum with a link to the bug reporting mechanism. Please report bugs there.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old April 25th, 2013, 10:11 AM
What I would love to see is a searching mechanism for the Stock portfolios for creatures and NPC's We are getting to the point now that we have so many NPC's and creatures it would be very very useful to have the ability to just do a quick search
Nikmal is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old April 25th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
What I would love to see is a searching mechanism for the Stock portfolios for creatures and NPC's We are getting to the point now that we have so many NPC's and creatures it would be very very useful to have the ability to just do a quick search
That's at the top of my wish list to. I just can't find crap anymore, there's SO many stock files now. We need a tree, search, and overall better mechanism to import stock characters.

Put Rob on it right NOW, Realm Works can wait.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Please remember that right now, we're concentrating on getting Ultimate Campaign finished, and then we'll be dealing with Mythic Adventures. I highly recommend you post any suggestions for improvements elsewhere - the next time a new release is posted, this thread will cease to be stickied, and will quickly fall very far back in the thread list on this forum.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old April 26th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Will do sir, Thanks as always though!!
Nikmal is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Baraccus

Old April 27th, 2013, 07:01 PM
I don't know what the heck it is with my system, but EVERYTIME I try to update the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game datapack, I run into nothing but grief. I download the 97.7MB file to install, and I get an error. Most times I manage after several attempts to get it running, but this time I can't and it's frustrating. I can't even open the Pathfinder program now. Any idea how I can fix this?
Baraccus is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:05 AM
Try downloading the Pathfinder file from here and saving it to your computer (as opposed to opening it when your browser asks). Then open the file from your computer. I used to never be able to update Hero Lab through the program itself, as it always gave an error if Hero Lab downloaded the file.
alientude is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Baraccus

Old May 5th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Wow! Thank you very much. That worked, so I will do the Pathfinder update that way from now on.
Baraccus is offline   #10 Reply With Quote