Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 31st, 2013, 10:31 AM
A new update of the Pathfinder files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab. Note that this release requires yesterday's 4.1a update of Hero Lab itself.

We've begun adding the NPCs from the NPC Codex to Hero Lab as a free update for all our users. To use them, choose "Import Stock Hero" from the Character menu, and select the class you want to draw from. In this release, we've added 10 of the 11 core classes (everything but Wizard), and two of the prestige classes (Duelist and Pathfinder Chronicler). We'll be adding more classes in each update until we've made every NPC and iconic character in the NPC Codex available in Hero Lab.

This update adds People of the North as a free update for everyone who owns the Player's Companion: Golarion #4 package. This package is available for $4.99, and already contains Knights of the Inner Sea and Blood of Night.

We've also added Irrisen, Land of Eternal Winter as a free update for our Campaign Setting #9 package. This package is also available for $4.99 and already contains Artifacts & Legends, Inner Sea Bestiary, and Mystery Monsters Revisited.

Want more monsters to choose from when deciding what to throw at your players? How about more than 750 of them? Frog God Games has created a Hero Lab package for their massive Tome of Horrors, and they're selling it through Hero Lab's own purchase mechanisms. You can purchase it using the "Purchase Data File" option in the License menu for $29.99. They've even included their own artwork - from the Portfolio menu, choose "Import Stock Hero", and you'll find all the monsters from Tome of Horrors with the artwork from the book included.

This update also adds the player content from Pathfinder #66, and includes several other bug fixes and improvements.

Here's the complete change list, copied from the FAQ:
New Releases!
  • Content from Irrisen, Land of Eternal Winter is now available as part of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting #9 package.
  • Content from People of the North is now available as part of the Pathfinder Player's Companion Golarion #4 package.
Special Thanks
  • Thanks to ShadowChemosh for allowing us to incorporate several adjustments from his ShadowChemosh Adjustments project.
Enhancements & Changes
  • We've begun adding the NPCs from the NPC Codex. In this update, we have 10 of the 11 core classes (everything but Wizard), along with Duelist and Pathfinder Chronicler. To use these, choose "Import Stock Hero" from the Portfolio menu, and choose the class you want to draw NPCs from. More classes will be added over the next few updates until we've made all the NPCs in the NPC Codex available.
  • Added player content from Pathfinder #66 "Dead Heart of Xin".
  • Rogue archetypes that ninjas qualify for have been made available to ninjas.
  • Made further improvements to evaluation speed for spellcasters, who should now updated 25-50% faster (depending on how many spells they had chosen).
  • When selecting a spell for a custom potion, scroll or wand, the spell now lists which classes cast it at that level. Now, if you filter the list down to only show "Restoration, Lesser", you can see that the 1st level version of this spell is only available to Paladins, and the 2nd level version is available to Alchemists, Clerics, Druids, and Inquisitors, and depending on who your GM says you are purchasing this item from, decide which version of the spell to choose.
  • Courtesy of ShadowChemosh, we've added new adjustments for Armor bonuses to AC, Touch AC bonuses, Flat-footed AC bonuses, and Dodge bonuses to AC, along with weapon damage die sizes.
Bug Fixes
  • The Kampenia Dancer archetype wasn't removing medium & heavy armor from the magus.
  • The Yrthak from Bestiary 2 was missing.
  • The burning skeleton template wasn't removing the standard skeleton template's immunity to cold.
  • The ogrekin template was raising an error if you applied the zombie template on top of it.
  • Hit point bonuses from permenent effects like favored class bonuses and the Toughness feat are now reflected at the top of the stat block.
  • The alternate animal companion advancement from page 53 of the core rulebook is now implemented. The alternate advancement is implemented as an alternate racial trait that can be added to any animal companion.
  • The Divine Strategist's Master Tactician ability wasn't adding its initiative bonus correctly.
  • The Guided weapon property now correctly adds the Wisdom bonus to damage and attack.
  • The allosaurus animal companion had an incorrect Perception bonus.
  • The greater feral mutagen can now activated.
  • The Spirit Shield oracle revelation was giving an incorrect AC bonus below level 4.
  • The Speed or Slow Time oracle revelation was missing a pre-requisite.
  • The Keen Edge spell adjustment was giving a false error message when applied to a custom or magic weapon.
  • The dire rat's CR was incorrect.
  • Several pieces of mundane gear (tindertwigs, oil, etc) and Feather Tokens were not being output in the generated hero statblock correctly (either showing as combat gear when they shouldn't, or vice versa).
  • The rapier of puncturing was missing it's +2 enhancement bonus.
  • The Charming trait was missing its situational modifiers.
  • The Tempest Druid archetype was applying its resistance to electricity at level 1 instead of level 3.
  • The Traveller's Any-Tool wasn't showing as available tools for Craft and Profession skills.
  • Several normal favored terrains were incorrectly showing for selection by an Urban Ranger.
  • Favored Communities were not registering properly against the Favored Terrain selections available to an Urban Ranger.
  • Boots of Striding and Springing were granting a bonus to all acrobatics checks, not just acrobatics checks to jump.
  • When applied to armor, the Equipment Broken adjustment was changing the armor rating that is displayed on the individual armor, but not altering the character's total AC.
  • Spellcasting was not functioning for a Bard with the prankster archetype.
  • The blackened oracle curse was not applying its weapon attack penalty correctly.
  • The in-play adjustment for the spell greater false life was incorrectly reporting an error.
  • The relentless dwarf ART was not displaying its bonus correctly.
  • The stability dwarven racial trait was displaying its situational bonus even when replaced by an ART.
  • The phylactery of positive channeling wasn't applying its bonus correctly when a character had multiple classes that could channel positive energy.
  • Barbarian Rage was incorrectly increasing the number of rounds it had available when activation caused a rise in Constitution.
  • Weapons displayed on the Dashboard and Tactical Console were always showing the Melee attack bonus. They now show the Ranged attack bonus, or Both if appropriate.
  • Everburning torches no longer appear under 'Tracked Resources.'
  • The Carefully Hidden trait now applies its situational bonus vs. divination effects.
  • Tindertwigs and vermin repellent now show up properly under tracked resources.
Data File Authoring
  • Templates can now modify the names of races in the same way class variants modify class names, and alternate racial traits modify race names.
  • Added a option to the "parent's name" options on class variants, alternate racial traits, and templates, so that they can append their name to their parent's name with just a space inbetween, as well as the existing option, that appends the name with a comma.
  • A character's chance of fortification (ignoring a critical hit) can now be displayed with the #applyfort[percentage] macro. Here is an example of the macro in use - this is from the heavy fortification power, adding a 75% resistance to sneak attacks and critical hits:
    • #applyfort[75]
  • Added a tBonusHP field to the hero. This field is for permanent hit point bonuses, i.e. favored class bonuses and the Toughness feat. The value of this field gets added into the tHP field at Final/8000, to allow for effects that are based on total hit points to calculate properly, i.e. Swallow Whole. If you are adding bonus HP, and you want them incorporated into the HD display in the statblock ("HD 4d10+8"), add them to tBonusHP. To add a bonus without having it be incorporated into that display, add it to the tHP field.
  • Added the ability for an archetype to "count as"" another archetype for pre-requisites in the editor.
  • Most types of magic items now have access to the same value fields race and class abilities have. These can be used for any purpose the author wants, for example a set of items that enhance each other previously had to rely on assigning and detecting tags, but now each part can store bonuses in these fields, and then the other portions can use scripts to manipulate those bonuses directly. This also gives a handy way to set up bootstrap conditions based on field values rather than Custom tags (see the Sihedron item for an example of this).

Last edited by Mathias; February 14th, 2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Added a citation for ShadowChemosh's work
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jhalad

Old January 31st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Text Deleted

Last edited by Jhalad; January 31st, 2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Found the Error
Jhalad is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:12 PM
What alternate animal companion advancement from page 53?
Dragnmoon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
What alternate animal companion advancement from page 53?
"Instead of taking the listed benefit at 4th or 7th level, you can instead choose to increase the companion's Dexterity and Constitution by 2."
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dryder

Old February 1st, 2013, 07:00 AM
Hi there!

Just tried to download and update my HL with 7.6

After download, when I start Import, I get a message, that it couldn't be done, because of corrupted file APG.pkg

I tried it again, with exiting HL and downloading it again. Always the same error message. Strangely, when I now start HL it tells me, that HL is up to date.

Any ideas?!
Dryder is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dryder

Old February 1st, 2013, 07:09 AM
Well, I don't know how and why, but after the 5th try, it worked.
Stupid me, or stupid Windows...
Dryder is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
The Great Rinaldo

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:12 AM
I installed the update and got tossed into Demo mode ... tried to reactivate my key and got told it was not eligible for reactivation. I submitted a request to reset it, but wanted to mention the bug here in case anyone else has it happen.
The Great Rinaldo is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Dryder, I'm sorry, but I don't know what happened in your case.

The Great Rinaldo, there have been two separate updates recently - Hero Lab itself was updated to 4.1a, and the Pathfinder files were updated to 7.6. Did you notice which of those updates caused your problem?

We often see a number of people who need their licenses reset after an update of Hero Lab. What's usually happened is that they've accidently re-used one of their license numbers on more than one computer, and that when you update Hero Lab, it re-verifies all the licenses (they aren't re-verified during normal use - only when you install a new copy or update one of your copies). Because they're all re-verified, Hero Lab notices that you're using the same number on more than one computer, and won't allow a single license number to be re-used within 120 days of the last time it was used.

To check what license number you're using on each computer, select "About Hero Lab" from the Help menu - make sure that each of your computers is using a different license number.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
The Great Rinaldo

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:39 AM
No, the license that is being checked is the same one I have had on that PC since my last reset.

I did not notice which update caused the issue, so it could well be the mail Hero Lab update. Regardless, I'm now stuck unable to use my software until someone gets my "reset" request, and I am afraid to run the update on the other machines. :-\
The Great Rinaldo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Do you have Hero Lab installed on other computers? What license numbers are they using? You should be able to check that without letting it install any updates on the other computers.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote