Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

silentinfinity

Old February 13th, 2019, 06:33 PM
Thanks for trying. Sorry if you missed my edit!

After your PM clarified you need the Dungeons and Dragons converted material and I installed that, all errors were fixed!

Very interested to see the Shadow Adept when that comes out! I was thinking of using that later for a character with my brother starting to plan a FR game.

Again, thanks for your help and continuing to invest on this.
silentinfinity is offline   #181 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old February 14th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
The feat is not coded, an oversight. I will take a look at how to code this in the future. I am working on the next release for all of this right now. Along with fixing ethnicities and consolidating races.

As soon as I come up with something to get this to work I'll post it here for a quick fix to this.
Did this get fixed in the latest release? Thanks for all your hard work.
Dwayne is offline   #182 Reply With Quote
Grummore

Old April 5th, 2019, 05:29 AM
Hi there!

Is it possible to use the Darksun PF material with the 3.5 material?

When try to create a character with the 3.5OGL, the Darksun material doesn't appear or doesn't appear under "Pathfinder Adventure Path".

Last edited by Grummore; April 5th, 2019 at 05:43 AM.
Grummore is offline   #183 Reply With Quote
silentinfinity

Old April 5th, 2019, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummore View Post
Hi there!

Is it possible to use the Darksun PF material with the 3.5 material?

When try to create a character with the 3.5OGL, the Darksun material doesn't appear or doesn't appear under "Pathfinder Adventure Path".
Hey make sure you've also installed the Dungeons and Dragons converted material. Further down the first post it notes it's required. I missed it my first installation. Hopefully that's all you need!

You should then be able to select the materials to include through the "Configure your hero" library list.
silentinfinity is offline   #184 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 5th, 2019, 10:55 PM
The files mentioned above are only for HL Pathfinder.
User files for Pathfinder and d20/3.5 systems in HL are NOT compatible. You can try loading one in the other, but you'll get a heap of errors. You could possibly use the editor to work through and change any parts that don't work, but it won't be easy or fast.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #185 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 6th, 2019, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentinfinity View Post
Hey make sure you've also installed the Dungeons and Dragons converted material. Further down the first post it notes it's required. I missed it my first installation. Hopefully that's all you need!

You should then be able to select the materials to include through the "Configure your hero" library list.
No, the converted materials are converted directly to Pathfinder, which is not the same system, nor does it use the same skills, etc. that 3.5 does. The work I did for this was specifically catered to Pathfinder's system, and data files. They will not work in the data file structure of 3.5, they are totally different game systems.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #186 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 1st, 2019, 07:07 AM
Almighty, a progress report is somewhat due especially since my last post was in August of last year. I am sorry for not being particullarly proactive with my work. I've had many things to pull my attention elsewhere.

I have completed much of the work required to redo the races, they now only require the core race and have an ETHNICITY for each sub race. Eventually I will remove those seperate races to speed load times but for the time being I will simply tag them with Helper.Obsolete. You can still use them in character sheets that have them but you'll need to use the new system for any future characters or NPC's of those races.

The following races have been rendered OBSOLETE, please make a note of this.
  • Aquatic Elf (Races of Faerun)
  • Arctic Dwarf (Races of Faerun)
  • Dark Dwarf (Dragonlance)
  • Hill Dwarf (Dragonlance)
  • Mountain Dwarf (Dragonlance)
  • Dargonesti Elf (Dragonlance)
  • Dimernesti Elf (Dragonlance)
  • Kagonesti Elf (Dragonlance)
  • Qualinesti Elf (Dragonlance)
  • Silvanesti Elf (Dragonlance)
  • Ghostwise Halfling (FRCS)
  • "Tinker" Gnome (Dragonlance)
  • "Thinker" Gnome (Dragonlance)
  • Gold Dwarf (FRCS)
  • Gray Dwarf (FRCS)
  • Lightfoot Halfling (FRCS)
  • Moon Elf (FRCS)
  • Rock Gnome (FRCS)
  • Shield Dwarf (FRCS)
  • Strongheart Halfling (FRCS)
  • Sun Elf (FRCS)
  • Urdunnir Dwarf (Races of Faerun)
  • Wild Dwarf (Races of Faerun)
  • Wild Elf (FRCS)
  • Wood Elf (FRCS)

This means the race selection will have 24 less selections, which should make things far more readable. The other benefit to this is you will have access to any of the racial options that the base and core races has.

I am considering doing the same for Dark Sun variants, but have not currently done so. As they use an entirely different ruleset and is not really compatible with any other system.

In order to see the SUBRACE or Ethnicity you will need to have the relevant source selected or select the Optional rule for Allow Crossover Content, which will allow spells/powers as well as subraces to be used. Such optional rule has been included for games such as Ravenloft where you can have a a dragonlance character and a faerunian character.

This does not include subraces for Eberron as I do not maintain Eberron content, however there is no reason it could not be used for such or for any homebrew version of a common race.

If you have your own variant race for which you would like an Ethnicity created, please dont hesitate to drop me a line I'll help you work out how it is done.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #187 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old May 3rd, 2019, 05:26 AM
Instead of Ethnicity, I used Alternate Racial traits, since it seemed more robust for special abilities and such.

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #188 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 3rd, 2019, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Droz View Post
Instead of Ethnicity, I used Alternate Racial traits, since it seemed more robust for special abilities and such.
I considered using them, but many races already have a large number of them. I didnt want these to get lost in the huge number of abilities. I already have concerns about using Ethnicities, as it uses the primary racial custom. Furthermore, the mechanic is already in use for humans, and elves.

The only difficulty is modifying the base race statistics, height, weight, age and similar is quite a pain, especially for some converted material since 3.5 had two different sets of statistics for male/female height/weight. I wished to be as loyal as possible to the source material. Yet, reduce the amount of trash races filling up the race chooser.

Sofar I've been able to replace a total of 26 races by using this system, which should streamline things.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #189 Reply With Quote
PaleHorse42

Old July 5th, 2019, 09:36 PM
I'm running a PF Dragonlance campaign, and was struggling through creating Draconians in HL. Discovering this work is fantastic!

However, I have noticed that the PrC's from DL I was going to use (like Dragon Rider) have incorrect requirements for some things like Skill prequisites. Skill prerequs for D&D 3E/3.5 would be +3 ranks higher than PF since the cap on skill ranks was higher.

Is this just a quirk I happen to encounter in a particular PrC, or something not accounted for across the board?
PaleHorse42 is offline   #190 Reply With Quote