Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sablevarg

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:51 AM
New Problem!

I have a feat that gives the character a bonus language; it's supposed to be one of the nine 'Magic Tongues' (Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Draconic, Ignan, Infernal, Sylvan, & Terran).

I used " hero.child[Totals].field[tLangsSpk].value += 1" which got the extra language, but I can't get just those nine as the chosen (I can't even get all the nine as choices most of the time).

I've tried the custom selection, which it ignores (don't know why). I've looked on here but don't really know what I'm looking for.
Can someone help?

A thought: I could make it work with a template, but is there a way to trigger a template while using an upbringing feat (It's in a set of interrelated feats & I would like them to be shown together in the feats)

Thanks in advance for any help you give
sablevarg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 26th, 2013, 10:08 AM
In the feat, you can set the Pick Requirement (Pick-reqs). I've never used this, but it might be what you are looking for. Try putting only those things you are allowed to pick from in there. See if that works.

You can also try setting the Custom Expression, using "thingid.lAbyssal | thingid.lAquan | thingid.lAuran | ... etc."

Last edited by Kendall-DM; May 26th, 2013 at 10:11 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sablevarg

Old May 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the attempt;

I tried lAbyssal in the Pick-reqs just as a test - That makes it a requirement that the character already know Abyssal to get the feat

Thingid in the custom expression field was just ignored

Is there a way to create a 'select from' field that I could make so it would only allow languages? (you would think that would already be there, strange)
sablevarg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 26th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I just tried this, I created a Feat called Bonus Language, I set the custom expression to "thingid.lAbyssal | thingid.lAuran" (without the quotes). It came up fine in the feat. So don't put any quotes in. Also, leave Select From... and Restrict To... to None.

If that doesn't work, you've got something configured incorrectly. Hope that helps!
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
sablevarg

Old May 26th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Ah, forgot to reload after I put in the custom expression... Dumb mistake!

Sorry
sablevarg is offline   #5 Reply With Quote