Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lortondm

Old April 25th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Here's my immediate problem. I'm getting the error message below when trying to load Herolab Pathfinder:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'rBehold' - Bootstrap thing 'raShadGFea' does not exist
Thing 'rDigest' - Bootstrap thing 'raSpJmpCC' does not exist
Thing 'rHHowl' - Bootstrap thing 'raSpJmpCC' does not exist
Thing 'rKuoT' - Bootstrap thing 'raABHlpSw' does not exist
Thing 'rKuoT' - Bootstrap thing 'raABAmph' does not exist
Thing 'rShock' - Bootstrap thing 'stuElectri' does not exist

rBehold is the beholder race I created. rDigest is the digester race I created. rHHowl is the howler race I created. rKuoT is the Kuo-Toa race I created. And rShock is the shocker race I created. I have all of these things saved in a user file.

I'm getting these errors on the first computer I ever paid for a license on. The second computer I have running Herolab is not getting these errors.

I exported the user file with these races I created embedded in it that runs fine on my second computer. Then I imported that file to the first computer and it's still generating these errors. I don't understand why when I have the same things installed on the two computers, one can be encountering these errors and another computer does not.

In general, I find that I get some kind of error on one or both of my computers whenever some new iteration of the program or the pathfinder game files are issued. Usually, I play with things and eventually the problems go away and I have stability on both systems with no error rates and I can open a portfolio of the players' stats, etc. and get the same results on both computers. But it's annoying that I have to fiddle with things virtually every time there's an update to the program files. It's time-consuming to figure out and since my prep time as a DM is short I usually encounter these problems as I'm prepping and I spend 25-50% of my prep time trying to get Hero Lab to work properly. I guess I could forego updates but that doesn't seem like a satisfactory solution.

So I have two problems:

(1) My immediate problem above, and
(2) In general, is there a way to get the files running on the two different computers identically? I'd say about a third of time the error messages I get are different -- i.e., either one computer is fine and the other has errors or both have errors but they're different errors.

Thanks for any help.
lortondm is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 25th, 2015, 10:54 AM
My first "guess" would be that your 2nd computer has not had its license updated in awhile? It looks like the racial specials you bootstrap do not exist on your 2nd computer. So I would try doing a License Update to make sure all the licenses you are suppose to have are active.

Go to "License->Reactivate Current License". As long as the license on this 2nd computer is unique reactivating won't hurt anything.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote