Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RasKcir

Old April 10th, 2018, 06:54 PM
I need to quick get up a bunch of dwarves for an encounter and I turn to the encounter builder. I find a few FTR A ROG and RNG. All what i want. I import them into my current portfolio, and try to customize them. I want to make the fighters much stronger, and not as smart as the given and I find I am not quite as flexible as I had hoped: I top out at 18 str, and even there I am getting dinged with "You have chosen to use the Heroic NPC Attribute Array." Is there any way to un-choose that? I know if I genned up a hero from scratch it lets me put in pretty much what I want for the attributes.

On a side point, I seem to have Combat Expertise automatically selected as a feat (Is this a Fighter thing), and it complains when I set the intelligence to less that 13. Do Fighters have a minimum Ability level in strength that I don't recall seeing.

Still learning a lot about Hero Lab, and I haven't even got to the community pack, etc. So much to learn, so little time...

thanks
RasKcir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 10th, 2018, 09:32 PM
To change how the attributes are chosen, use Character > Configure Your Hero (Ctrl-K on Windows) and change the Attributes drop-down (you probably want Pick/Roll Ability Scores). That's also where you can change any sources or other options that have been set on the source creature (I've got a set of defaults set for my game so I can just hit Use Defaults).

The Combat Expertise was probably selected as a Fighter Bonus Feat, so you can go to the Fighter Tab and delete it in favor of a different Bonus Feat if you want.

By the way, if you need several of the same creature and you're going to modify one from the Encounter builder to get it, it's way easier to import one, modify it, then duplicate it from the Portfolio Menu then importing multiple and having to modify each one (yeah, I know, obvious, but I learned it the hard way starting out).

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RasKcir

Old April 11th, 2018, 07:55 AM
Thank you. I had forgotten the drop down in the configure menu. Learning every day.
RasKcir is offline   #3 Reply With Quote