Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

FinrodSilver

Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:50 AM
So there is no possibility to save characters locally? I don't mind purchasing a product I log into online and can save the characters locally on my own drives.
FinrodSilver is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old February 3rd, 2018, 06:24 PM
Raw data exportation is on the roadmap for sometime in the future, FinrodSilver, if that is what you are looking for. Right now you can print your character sheet to PDF.
wheredoigo is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old February 3rd, 2018, 08:41 PM
We’re planning to have statblock export, a data blob export that can be imported using a different HLO account (we have a user-unfriendly version of this already for admin purposes), and eventually a formatted JSON export suitable for use by third-party tools.

We’d also welcome any input on other export formats you would find useful that go beyond just saving a character sheet (specific app compatibility, that kind of thing).
Ian is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
morev007

Old February 3rd, 2018, 11:15 PM
If Starfinder would be released on Herolab Classic, could I migrate from HLO to classic? (transfer Starfinder and add-ons licenses)
morev007 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old February 4th, 2018, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
We’re planning to have statblock export, a data blob export that can be imported using a different HLO account (we have a user-unfriendly version of this already for admin purposes), and eventually a formatted JSON export suitable for use by third-party tools.

We’d also welcome any input on other export formats you would find useful that go beyond just saving a character sheet (specific app compatibility, that kind of thing).
I wouldn't reject an XML export to match the XML data in the current portfolios. I use xPath to translate that data to MapTool properties...

But I could live with JSON if needed. Question, will we be able to "request" this export via a web api then (vs manual menu -> export option)? I'm assuming/hoping that a "GM" can request all the PC characters via unique URL and get exported data for use in third party tools...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old February 5th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
I wouldn't reject an XML export to match the XML data in the current portfolios. I use xPath to translate that data to MapTool properties...
I think we could fit an XML export too. We'll have to think about the details, since the Starfinder character internals are different in a few ways (some subtle, some major) from existing game systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Question, will we be able to "request" this export via a web api then (vs manual menu -> export option)? I'm assuming/hoping that a "GM" can request all the PC characters via unique URL and get exported data for use in third party tools...
That's definitely the idea. We're still deciding the details of direct API usage, but we're thinking about both direct exports for players/GMs and real-time connections with virtual tabletop tools.
Ian is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old February 7th, 2018, 06:24 PM
Integration with Roll20 would be nice
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old February 8th, 2018, 06:45 PM
This question has never been answered to my satisfaction.

Once Pathfinder has been added to HLO and I transfer my Data sets to HLO when I buy new Data sets is it one purchase for both HLO and classic or do I have to by the data set twice to use on both programs?

Will there be an option/ability to transfer characters between the 2 programs?
Dragnmoon is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 8th, 2018, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
This question has never been answered to my satisfaction.

Once Pathfinder has been added to HLO and I transfer my Data sets to HLO when I buy new Data sets is it one purchase for both HLO and classic or do I have to by the data set twice to use on both programs?
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....&postcount=143

Quote:
Will there be an option/ability to transfer characters between the 2 programs?
I can't find the comment(s) right now, but it has been said that this is a planned feature.
EightBitz is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old February 9th, 2018, 05:47 PM
That answer did not actually really clearly answer my questions.

Q: After I migrate, will my purchases show up in both Hero Lab Online and Hero Lab Classic.
A: So long as your purchase is available in both versions of the program, they sure will!

Does that include purchases made after the migration as well or just the ones prior to the migration?

Last edited by Dragnmoon; February 9th, 2018 at 05:50 PM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #30 Reply With Quote