Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

WhyteOne

Old December 2nd, 2020, 04:21 AM
So, I am trying to create an automatic calculation for unique subclass i am creating. Basically, I need a calculation that goes like this:

1+attribute bonus/2 (rounded down if possible)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
WhyteOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old December 2nd, 2020, 04:35 AM
In the editor's local help files you can find an example in the eval scripts link:

Quote:
field[abValue].value = round(field[abValue].value, number of decimals, round behavior)

rounds the value of the field to some number of digits (defined by the second aspect in the parenthesis, 0 meaning to whole numbers). Round behavior of 0 means "round up if .5 or greater", 1 means "always round up", and -1 means "always round down". The first aspect can include some manipulation of its own.
In your specific case it would be something like this for Intelligence:

field[abValue].value = 1 + round(#attrmod[aINT]/2,0,-1)

you might want to make it cleaner looking by declaring a variable that grabs the attribute modifier first before putting it into the math.

var attrbonus as number
var answer as number
attrbonus = #attrmod[aINT]
answer = 1 + round(attrbonus/2,0,-1)
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
WhyteOne

Old December 2nd, 2020, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
In the editor's local help files you can find an example in the eval scripts link:

In your specific case it would be something like this for Intelligence:

field[abValue].value = 1 + round(#attrmod[aINT]/2,0,-1)

you might want to make it cleaner looking by declaring a variable that grabs the attribute modifier first before putting it into the math.

var attrbonus as number
var answer as number
attrbonus = #attrmod[aINT]
answer = 1 + round(attrbonus/2,0,-1)

Ok, so I am trying to link this to the Charisma modifier. So would this be correct?

field[abValue].value = 1 + round(#attrmod[aCHA]/2,0,-1)
WhyteOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
WhyteOne

Old December 2nd, 2020, 06:22 AM
So, I have watched every tutorial video i can find and no where is it covered how to add something like this to the automatic calculations list. Am I missing this somewhere?
WhyteOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 2nd, 2020, 11:34 AM
You won't be able to add this to the automatic calculations. Those dump their result into the trkMax field. Are you doing this calculation to get a number of uses for a particular feature? That's what the trkMax field is for.

So instead of using the automatic calculations, do it with an eval script. I'd set the phase so time time Post-Attributes or later. Instead of dumping it into abValue (which is just a free-floating variable for use in abilities and their scripts), send it to that trkMax field.

Code:
field[trkMax].value = 1 + round(#attrmod[aCHA]/2,0,-1)

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote