Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JustJeff

Old December 12th, 2011, 04:01 PM
P.s. I joined feb 2011 just to chime in and encourage this development. We will be coming up on a year with no release date? Really?
JustJeff is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
awwwdudeman

Old January 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM
any news on the beta, really can't wait for army builder
awwwdudeman is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Hero Lab is in open Beta right now. Since Hero Lab and Army Builder share significant amounts of foundation code in common, this will uncover the majority of issues in AB as well. Once we get these uncovered issues fixed, we'll be releasing a separate Mac Beta for AB, so expect that in early February.

Just a little bit longer....
rob is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
awwwdudeman

Old January 12th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Freaking awesome rob I'll I'll download h/l and be paciantly waiting the announcement of a/b.
awwwdudeman is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
awwwdudeman

Old January 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM
how is the beta going
awwwdudeman is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
Doc Naker

Old February 27th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Just got rid of my PC, so now all I have are my Macs, I won't hold my breath (yet) but I am really looking forward to the Mac release for this. I made sure that I printed off a few rosters for the only Army that I am taking with me when I move back to the States, so i am covered for a while.

Retiring from the Army SOON!

Matthew
Doc Naker is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
JustJeff

Old February 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Guys. I know the Mac OS is probably a pain and having worked on Hero Lab and soon Armybuilder for the Mac there is clearly a windows based bias in your organization. I get that. A computer, tablet or whatever is just a tool and we all have our preferred tools, but let's face it, Apple is no longer the alternative minority. Apple is now the most valuable company in the world and dominates the MP3 market, is doing exceptionally well in the smart phone market and looks to be doing the same in the tablet market. If you don't do Army Builder for the iPad it will be dead on arrival.
JustJeff is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
Brendimar

Old March 13th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Hero Lab is in open Beta right now. Since Hero Lab and Army Builder share significant amounts of foundation code in common, this will uncover the majority of issues in AB as well. Once we get these uncovered issues fixed, we'll be releasing a separate Mac Beta for AB, so expect that in early February.

Just a little bit longer....

Do you mean that hero lab is in open beta for the ipad? or you mean on the mac?

If its for the ipad, is it possible to download it and try it out for the ipad?

(EDIT: Just confusing since this is posted on an ipad thread..)

Thanks!
Brendimar is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 13th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendimar View Post
Do you mean that hero lab is in open beta for the ipad? or you mean on the mac?

If its for the ipad, is it possible to download it and try it out for the ipad?

(EDIT: Just confusing since this is posted on an ipad thread..)

Thanks!
Hero Lab is in open beta for the Mac version.
John is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
stucarius

Old March 14th, 2012, 07:10 PM
You guys had better get on the ball about this iOS app for iPad because the prize is going to go to the first company or programmer to make a decent and affordable iPad app to create and do other things with your 40K army.

Everything else you are doing is supporting the past and every minute that goes by with no full court press to get this done is another minute gone by ignoring both the now and the future.

One commentator mentioned making this work through a cloud based system and that is a great idea. It certainly will make things easier for the Android crowd. I do sympathize with you on that because developing for Android is a screaming nightmare of compatibility issues.

You might want to just pick one or two Android devices and support those because from personal experience Android is a mess.

BTW: I know for a fact there is one iOS company and two programmers I know creating army building apps for GW products. One plans for it to be free, one at 99 cents and the dev company is looking at 2.99-4.99...

OH, and just in case you did not realize how completely post PC the user world is becoming...The New iPad is more powerful than both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 and has a resolution of 2500X1900 on a 10" screen. That is crazy.

There are times, rare times, for a business when everything changes and guarantee you have a future you literally have to drop everything and embrace a future you never saw coming. This came a couple of years ago for Lone Wolf and I am not sure you guys have woken up to that yet.

Lets not even discuss a 1990's licensing model....Sorry to be so harsh but some one needs to tell you the truth.....
stucarius is offline   #140 Reply With Quote