Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Alric

Old April 16th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I use Hero Lab to keep track of my player's characters. It would be nice if you could copy journal entries from one character to another, so I didn't have to enter the info 5 times.

It would also be nice to be able to reorder the entires.
Alric is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old April 20th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Hello Alric,
I copy and paste when I do things like this for my players or if they need an update, it does save time retyping.

I agree it would be nice to reorder the Journal, I have found that when I update my characters (mainly after cons) that I forget something in the order of play or miss an event and then add it later. The date does appear on the log for each one but it does get me sometimes. So I retype it but I am special that way.
SAbel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
For the most part I have a group page where I post general updates for the group to stay up to date on. It saves a lot of time and effort. The only time I use the Journal is when my group is playing world of darkness, and its mainly to keep track of their Learning Curves that they use for XP at the end of a session so they can't reuse an old one. If something groundbreaking occurs that is character specific I will note it in the journal, but for the most part I rarely use it for my D&D group. I agree re-ordering would be nice. I would also like an option for selecting a campaign setting and restricting certain elements much like WOTC's CB does. Being able to restrict races and classes if I am running Dark Sun would be a wonderful thing. Also having the Themes and Wild Talents available in a Campaign Tab would rock, along with Inherent bonuses.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote