Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

radar

Old May 2nd, 2020, 02:30 PM
Hi, if this is not the proper place to post this, please say and I will be happy to relocate.

I am playing a PF game where my character is entering into a Devil-Bound pack with a Pit-Fiend. I found "Devil-Bound Creature" in classes and added it, then selected "Pit Fiend" in the new Devil-Bound tab.

This change will grant a number of changes but the ones I'm questioning specifically are ability scores and Spell-Like abilities. Per d20PFSRD I should get +2 to three stats of my choosing and the spell-like abilities of 3/day quicken fireball, 3/day invis and 1/day blasphemy.

What is being added by HL is +6 STR and +4 to all other stats. The spell-like abilities added are Create Undead, Fireball, Greater Dispel Magic, Greater Teleport, Magic Circle against Good, Persistent Image and Unholy Aura. Blasphemy is also added but 3/day.

I've searched around but not found anyone mentioning this issue. If I am misunderstanding the process, please let me know so I can update my character correctly. Thank you in advance.
radar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2020, 02:12 PM
Sounds like you're using the Devil-Bound Creature template from Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary instead of the Devilbound template from Bestiary 4. Which would never be confusing at all, I know lol.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
radar

Old May 10th, 2020, 05:13 PM
I would almost think that were true, but the Copyright statements at the bottom of the page specifically says "Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 4 © 2013, Paizo Publishing, LLC;"... My teammates have consulted their printed books and confirmed HL is not working as expected.

As it turned out my teams plan was to also go for the half-fiend template and when I performed my offering to the pit fiend, I obtained both the devil-bound and half-fiend templates together. Most of what the Beastiary says I should have ends up being present once I add BOTH templates (some of the missing devil-bound shows up with the half-field). A lot of other stuff is added as well, (like Greater Teleport) so I put in adjustments to hide the extra abilities. I'll just have to make a mental note on the stuff HL didn't add, or isn't complete (e.g. I get Fireball, when I should have Quickened Fireball.)
radar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 11th, 2020, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
I would almost think that were true, but the Copyright statements at the bottom of the page specifically says "Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 4 © 2013, Paizo Publishing, LLC;"... My teammates have consulted their printed books and confirmed HL is not working as expected.
Daniel V was referring to the selection in HL, not the web page on d20pfsrd.

I picked the "devilbound" template from HL (note spelling, no hyphen). In the tooltip within HL the last line clearly says "Appears in: Bestiary 4".

On the "Devilbound" tab I selected "Pit Fiend".

On the Background tab, I see three additional entries in the "Racial, Template & Faction Abilities" section, each providing "+2 to One Ability Score". Without having selected anything for these entries, my abilities are unchanged.

It looks like I gained the following spell-like abilities from this template too: blasphemy, invisibility, quickened fireball, summon (level 6)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; May 11th, 2020 at 12:10 AM.
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 12th, 2020, 02:46 AM
Farling's got it in one, but here's links to both entries in pfsrd.

What you're looking for in HL:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...ound-creature/

What you're picking in HL:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mo...ture-template/
Daniel V is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old May 12th, 2020, 04:41 AM
The non-hyphenated version is from Bestiary 4 and requires you to have that purchased that package. The hyphenated version is from Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary (1st version), which is a 3.5 third party book that was ported to Pathfinder and is a part of the (free) Community content packages.

Last edited by Lord Magus; May 13th, 2020 at 06:17 PM.
Lord Magus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
radar

Old May 13th, 2020, 05:59 PM
Thank you! With what you detailed I found the problem. I owned Bestiary 4, but had forgotten to enable it on this character. So I had two Devil Bound options ("Devil Bound" and "Devil-Bound" both from GR). Once enabled I saw the DevilBound from B4. Looks to have added everything as I originally expected. Thank you again for walking me through!

Last edited by radar; May 13th, 2020 at 06:09 PM.
radar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote