Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zorikune

Old July 21st, 2017, 03:11 PM
Hello everyone. So I've been looking at a way to get the Shadow Familiar feat to function when a Shadowcaster takes the feat, and thanks to Sendric he provided a script to where the Shadowcaster can now get a familiar when the feat is taken.

Quote:
hero.childfound[cHelpShC].field[cArcFStart].value = 1

perform hero.assign[CompAvail.cArcFamil]
Now I'm looking at the other problem.

Quote:
For the purpose of determining familiar abilities that depend on your arcane caster level, your levels in all classes that allow you to cast mysteries or arcane spells stack.
I'm trying to find ways to where the Shadowcaster class levels will stack with the class levels of other arcane classes. Like looking at other feats that combine class levels together for the purpose of determining abilities.

I was wondering if anyone here has some ideas on scripts that can combine the class levels for the familiar.

Last edited by Zorikune; July 22nd, 2017 at 07:12 AM.
Zorikune is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old July 24th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Alright so learned as of now only Wizard and Sorcerer are stacking with the Shadowcaster class to improve the level of the familiar when using the Shadow Familiar feat. No other class though that can cast arcane spells like Bard or Warmage is stacking to improve the familiar.
Zorikune is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 25th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Apologies. It's taking me some time to get back into the swing of things here. Here's a script I worked up that should help:

First/501
Code:
~ Search through our classes for any arcane classes that don't improve familiars, and add them to our companion's level.

doneif (hero.child[cArcFamil].field[CompLevel].value = #totallevelcount[])

var bon as number

foreach pick in hero from BaseClHelp where "CasterSrc.Arcane"
  if (eachpick.field[cArcFStart].value = 0) then
     bon += eachpick.field[cTotalLev].value
  endif
nexteach

hero.child[cArcFamil].field[CompLevel].value += bon
This should get things moving in the right direction. It doesn't include any prestige classes that improve spellcasting (and I'm not actually sure if it should).
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:03 AM
While it shouldn't include prestige classes that add +1 to existing spellcasting class, there are some prestige classes (i.e. assassin, sublime chord, suel arcanamach, etc.) that actually learn to casts spells and other prestige classes are used to progress their spellcasting. Here's a link to the Sublime Chord. Hence why the feat Obtain Familiar works for them.

https://dndtools.net/classes/sublime-chord/

EDIT: The script isn't adding any of the other arcane classes to the companion's level still. Went and started testing by adding Bard, Spellthief, and Warmage, but level didn't improve while Shadowcaster was at 5th level, so couldn't meet the prerequisite for any familiar at 7th level.

Last edited by Zorikune; July 25th, 2017 at 07:24 AM.
Zorikune is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorikune View Post
While it shouldn't include prestige classes that add +1 to existing spellcasting class, there are some prestige classes (i.e. assassin, sublime chord, suel arcanamach, etc.) that actually learn to casts spells and other prestige classes are used to progress their spellcasting. Here's a link to the Sublime Chord. Hence why the feat Obtain Familiar works for them.

https://dndtools.net/classes/sublime-chord/

EDIT: The script isn't adding any of the other arcane classes to the companion's level still. Went and started testing by adding Bard, Spellthief, and Warmage, but level didn't improve while Shadowcaster was at 5th level, so couldn't meet the prerequisite for any familiar at 7th level.
I have a test character with 5 levels of Shadowcaster, 3 levels of Bard, and 3 levels of Warmage. Both the character and the familiar have all the specials appropriate for an 11th level caster.

What pre-req are you failing?
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:53 AM
Just tells me Can't take this companion until level 7. Can you tell me what order the scripts are in the feat?
Zorikune is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorikune View Post
Just tells me Can't take this companion until level 7. Can you tell me what order the scripts are in the feat?
The order doesn't matter. I'll look into this some more.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 25th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Did some playing around. Change the timing from 501 to 498, then modify the last line of the script above to:

Code:
hero.child[cArcFClass].field[CompClLev].value += bon
It should work now.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zorikune

Old July 25th, 2017, 09:37 AM
There we go it worked! Thank you so much!
Zorikune is offline   #9 Reply With Quote