Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zedwimer

Old November 19th, 2014, 03:53 PM
I've searched to no avail, so I'll ask here. With my luck, I just overlooked something real obvious or simple, but we'll see.

I want to add a tracker (called Subdual Points) that shows up in the Tracked Resources tab (that part I'm not having trouble with: mechanic bootstrapping a tracker) that displays a single incrementable number that can any non-negative number (with no real limit, but I understand if there's software limits like +65535). The number should default to 0. So ideally it would display "0" Subdual Points rather than "0/65535" Subdual Points. Is this possible?

Eventually, I also want to automatically apply condition when the number equals the character's remaining wound points (I'm having trouble pinning down the tags for vigor & wound points) and apply another condition when it exceeds current wound points. Since I'm having trouble finding the tags that control vigor & wound points, I don't know when I'll be able to implement that.

(And yes, this tracker only works with the Vigor & Wound Points option from Ultimate Combat, so I'm setting that as a requirement.)

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
Zedwimer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 19th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Things which need to store the changes which have been made to them in order so that they can be undone and whatnot use a type of pick called a usagepool. That's probably the closest thing to what you want, because I don't think there is a way to implement something in the tracked resources tab in the way you would like. Usagepools aren't in the editor, but you could create one using the raw XML file.

Unfortunately, even if you defined a usagepool, you can't manipulate the existing UI in hero lab, so you'd have no way to affect it. I think this is an area where you might be better off settling on a less than ideal display, because the alternative would require you to create a new tab from scratch, which is not something I am even sure is possible without access to the core files.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 19th, 2014, 04:11 PM
As for the wounds and vigor system, I can look into those for you, but I am not clear what you want to know about them. Could you give me specifics?
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 20th, 2014, 06:25 AM
I'd say use the "Amount of activation" option on an ability to hold this, rather than the trackers.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote