Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

xWhiteGodx

Old May 15th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Is it possible to create a Mythic tab or Ascendancy tab so that I can let my PCs (and myself) add in crazy buffs/boons? While Epic Boons are nice in 5e, I think a Mythic (or ascendant) tab should be added. Reason being is so that crazy things like
Quote:
Ascension of Spell Immunity
You are immune to the effects of 1st through 3rd level spells.
I know customers can't add tabs, which is a bit unfortunate when it comes to adding in further customization, but is the possibility existent to add in something of the like, or does it have to exist core 5e?

Additionally, is it possible to have an option to remove the cap of 30 for ability scores for DMs and PCs that want to play against Gods? It doesn't make much sense that a God would have, say, a STR of 30 when there are ancient dragons with 30 STR as well.
xWhiteGodx is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old May 21st, 2018, 11:14 AM
#1: Tabs
You can create tabs. For example, the Barbarian Totem warrior class creates a tab for the totem abilities, the Skilled feat creates a tab to record new skills.

Generally speaking this is done with the "configurable" items in the editor. You can bootstrap a configurable to characters a number of ways, including by bootstrapping them to new adjustments.

These configurables can allow you select abilites, racial specials, whatever you tell them to list out.

#2: Scores above 30
Core 5e doesn't have scores above 30. There aren't any rules for extending past 30 even in the full PHB/DMG/MM. Since that's the case, LW doesn't have the logic to extend past it built in. Sure the math looks easy enough, but when are you going to cap it out? This is where feats, racial special abilities and boons come in anyway - a boon like "As long as Antaeus is in contact with the ground, he is immune to all damage." or "Kord's melee strikes are so powerful that his opponents must make a Constitution saving throw of DC 23 with disadvantage. Creatures that fail the saving throw are reduced to 0 hp, a successful saving throw means that the creature still loses 1/2 of its current hit points, is knocked prone and is stunned for 1 minute."

As far as god-kiling goes, maybe 5e D&D isn't a good game for that... When characters get so overpowered that liches and ancient dragons are too boring to deal with its probably time to start a new game with 1st level characters. But that's just my opinion. God-like power level games I usually play one of the superhero game systems...
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote