Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Blackadder

Old April 8th, 2018, 11:22 PM
I have a video game table that I use with Realm Works. It works really well. A friend of mine wants to run on the table using his own Realm Works account. I've noticed that I'm unable to change my Log In on my Realm Works, thus prohibiting him from using my laptop with his account.

Is there anyway around this?

I remember reading something about this a couple years ago, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Thanks!
Blackadder is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old April 9th, 2018, 06:20 AM
Your second GM needs his own account on your laptop. We did this with my latop, for my son's Realm Works account to be used the laptop must have my son as the active user and logged on, then Realm Works can be opened and logged into his Real Works account.
numbat1 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 9th, 2018, 01:29 PM
We do the same thing with up to 3 dms on the same laptop. This is something I really with LWD would change.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 9th, 2018, 02:24 PM
What I find beyond frustrating is RW ties itself to the Windows user account but still requires a username/password log in on start up. Why?

If RW is going to have its own log in then it should be independent of the Windows account and if RW is going to be connected to the Windows account then it should not have a separate login.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 9th, 2018, 03:03 PM
The RW account is to access their servers. I wouldn't want my windows login credentials being shared to their online services.

I know they did it to protect the data. It ties back to they designed Realm Works to work off a single database in a single location. I'd love to see them change it so it creates sub folders and individual databases for individual logins. I'm sure it can be done and there's definitely user cases for it. I don't want to have 3 windows logins with 3 realm works installations just so we can play with our rotating DM pool.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 9th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
What I find beyond frustrating is RW ties itself to the Windows user account but still requires a username/password log in on start up. Why?
There's no requirement to log in if you're not doing stuff on the server. I only log in if I know I'm going to sync or make more realms, which isn't that often.

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 9th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Its just poor design. There is absolutely no reason that multiple people couldn't log in to the db with different credentials. We all do so right now to talk to the web server. The whole tying it to the Windows account is just pointless.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old April 13th, 2018, 03:15 AM
It may be pointless, but I don't want to see the setback a major change like that could create. Anyone remember the change over to HTML? that change set things way back and ate up at least a years worth of development time, if I remember correctly. Then there were bug fixes from the change over on top of that.
Viking2054 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old April 17th, 2018, 04:27 AM
Well, I don't want setback, but I do want that feature!

No reasons - that we know of - why it shouldn't be possible and it is very inconvenient now.
Merion is offline   #9 Reply With Quote