Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

frumple

Old April 3rd, 2016, 09:13 AM
I am in need to getting a hero's total HD very early. Like before First/100 early. So before when most tags are added. I have it mostly working with the term

Code:
totalHD = hero.findchild[BaseRace].field[rHitDice].value 
             + hero.childfound[cmhHelper].field[cmhHD].value
             + hero.childcount[cBonusHD]
Which counts the race's intrinsic HD, HD due to customization, and bonus HD added on the Classes tab. However, there is an issue with counting classes HD.

I cannot count class levels that have been bootstrapped. I have tried adding
Code:
hero.haschild[BaseClLev]
but that always returns just 1 if I have a class, not the total number of children from that component.

Ideas? Again this needs to run very early (around First/75).
frumple is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2016, 12:33 PM
What actually needs that early a count? #totallevelcount[] is available after First/180, so I'd re-examine why your script absolutely needs to come in that early.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old April 3rd, 2016, 01:57 PM
It is needed to determine MythicTier.MythicRanks based on a creature's HD. I need to set rMythRanks on the BaseRace before First/100 where the MythicTier tags are forwarded to the hero. Since many templates and other things that modify HD do their thing around First/580 I can't simply just look at Hero.HitDice or the like. I also wanted to try to avoid using foreach when I can since I know it can be expensive (this is why I wanted to use haschild). Finally, I also want to set this early enough so that I can use the newly set MythicTier.MythicRank tags for bootstrap conditions.

Unless... is there any reason I couldn't set rMythRanks and manually set the MythicTier.MythicRank tags at a timing soon after First/180?

Last edited by frumple; April 3rd, 2016 at 02:02 PM.
frumple is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old April 3rd, 2016, 02:58 PM
I also just checked running #totallevelcount[] on an Ogre at First/185. It doesn't work, it returns 0.

In fact I am finding #totallevelcount[] will not return a correct value until after Levels/5000
frumple is offline   #4 Reply With Quote