Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Mergon

Old April 17th, 2018, 07:43 PM
A lot of spells that were entered by HeroLabs itself need to be flagged as concentration. As it is, the only way to tell is that if the duration includes the words 'up to" then you know its a concentration spell. I keep hoping that HeroLab will get around to fixing this one day.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #591 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 17th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
A lot of spells that were entered by HeroLabs itself need to be flagged as concentration. As it is, the only way to tell is that if the duration includes the words 'up to" then you know its a concentration spell. I keep hoping that HeroLab will get around to fixing this one day.
If Concentration is a "tag" then you can use the editors *Extend tab to add the tag yourself to the spells.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #592 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 23rd, 2018, 02:42 PM
Also, The Duergar dwarven subrace in the community data is showing its innate spellcasting spells too soon on the spells tab. They should show at levels 3 and 5, not 1st level. See the tiefling in Hero Lab to see how this was implemented so you can get it working right. It should only show these spells at the level's they are granted. I'd flag this to look through other races that were added by the community to see if this is a consistent issue across the board.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #593 Reply With Quote
Astroneil

Old May 10th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Hey everyone, I'm wondering if there's a way to add a custom companion to the UA Ranger. When I add the companion via the UA Ranger, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it, and when I add an NPC, it doesn't give me the option to add my prof bonuses, let them roll hit dice for extra HP, or choose extra skill proficiencies for it.

Even if I had to edit some files or something of the sort, I'd love it if someone could point me at a tutorial. Thanks a bunch.
Astroneil is offline   #594 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 29th, 2018, 04:50 AM
Just a throw out to all the Hero Lab Editor Warriors amongst us. Most of the usual suspects who work on the Community Pack are snowed down with real life. Apparently it's a thing that blocks gaming time. All attempts to convince my 2 year old that he needs to give me more time on this stuff has fallen on deaf ears so far this year.

So if there are any lurkers around who know how to enter monsters word on the street is there is a good 116 new ones that need doing.

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you would like to contribute.

If you would like to learn how to enter monsters you can watch my videos HERE and HERE. Monsters are great as they are generally just displaying information and don't require any fancy code to get them working.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #595 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 29th, 2018, 06:19 AM
To get the ball rolling I have just pushed the first monster to the Github. The file structure necessary is now in place.

Anyone new to the editor should be able to use this to learn how to create other monsters.

Issue 834 has been raised to assist with group organisation.

Many hands make light work

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #596 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old May 29th, 2018, 06:22 AM
Once I am done with the subraces and other parts of MToF, I'll do what I can with monsters.

Ever since my minor stroke back in Mat 2017 my HL scripting take far long than I'd like.

Mergon is offline   #597 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 29th, 2018, 06:27 AM
That sucks mate.

Personally my scripting has always taken forever. But that's all to do with my lack of skill.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #598 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old May 29th, 2018, 06:30 AM
Once I get the first of an item's frameworks done, the following ones usually go smoothly <cross fingers>

Usually this stuff doesn't take long whereas creatures are usually just a matter of grinding away.

Mergon is offline   #599 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 29th, 2018, 01:51 PM
I think I might be able to speed the monsters up by parsing the data in. I've done it before very successfully with spells. It wouldn't do the whole monster but get the basics in ready for the special abilities to be made and added. I just don't have time to play with the idea.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #600 Reply With Quote