Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 13th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaro View Post
I looked everywhere for something like that but couldn't find it. How do you adjust your money?
The Journal tab has an area to take game notes and enter any Plus/Minus to gp and to your XP. I found it really nice to put in the notes area what I sold and purchased and then just adjust the final total. This way I have full notes of what I did encase the DM asks. And you can print this information out also which is really nice for the freaks like me that like good book keeping.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Yaro

Old October 13th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I've been using the Journal, but wasn't aware of the Notes. I like that feature and will start using it. Thank you for that tip!

I have, however, been using the Journal boxes to update gold and PA. I don't really like that mechanism, however, for keeping track of gold from item sales and upgrades. I prefer the mechanism that's already built in when you delete or buy items. The only thing missing from that is the ability to specify a price when you upgrade an item. The workaround (sell the item for full price and then repurchase the upgraded item) isn't too inconvenient, given that it doesn't happen that often.
Yaro is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Shayd3000

Old October 14th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I might be a little "old school" on this, but I find that I like it being a tad inconvenient on the money adjustment because it helps avoid mistakes. When you have to work at it, it forces you to think about it - where if things just become quick clicks it gets easy to have the money tracking get away from you. I find having to sell and re-buy or having to go to the journal to adjust forces you to makes sure you are doing with your coins exactly what you intended to do. A lot like the annoying "are you sure you want to delete" prompt. We all hate it, but I'm betting it has saved all of our skins at least once.

I'm not against some sort of improvement, I'm just saying I'm pretty happy with the coins mechanism as is. I'd much rather see something for handling gems added in, or the huge backlog caught up on and then maybe circle back around and look at coins.

George

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaro View Post
Hello Mathias - I just noticed something else a bit strange. When I click on the "edit this weapon" button for the Darkwoord Longbow Composite (Str+2), the total cost at the bottom of the page says 630 gp. When I click "set" that doesn't change. When I then click the (x) to sell the item the total cost is listed as 830 gp. I'll reset it to 630 gp when I sell it, but I'm not sure where that came from.
Actually, until I get a full mechanism set up for upgrading weapons, the fact that a set button is showing up when you edit an existing weapon is a bug - unless the full set of mechanics are there, none of the mechanics should be seen. So, don't press that set button on an existing item, only one you're in the process of creating for the first time.
Mathias is offline   #14 Reply With Quote