Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gumbytie

Old June 13th, 2010, 06:04 PM
So I have only been using this for a few days and I am quite impressed. Last comparable application like this was Metacreator. Okay, on to my question.

Under the Personal tab there is the Deity box. What I wanted to do was create a data file of the various gods from my campaign so a user could click in that box and pick the relevant god of worship. There is where I got hung up.

I can see in the authoring kit weapons, classes, races, etc. but no way to just make a nice list of deities and map them to that selection box. Is that possible and I just haven't looked hard enough? It is kind of frustrating to generate a character then have to pop open a book to get a list of gods
Gumbytie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RedBeardSean

Old June 13th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Last word was that Lone Wolf & Co. were working on something to at least add a gods tab to the editor, if not a deal with Piazo to actually use the published gods for PFRPG (which are not open content, apparently).
RedBeardSean is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old June 13th, 2010, 06:53 PM
A tab would be nice at least, good to know it is on their To Do list. I don't mind entering deity data myself after the fact, I know the whole 'open content' bit can get dodgy.

Besides, I always add a few of my own gods to the mix
Gumbytie is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old June 15th, 2010, 03:32 PM
About 2 weeks ago (I'm pretty sure it was at least then, because it was before Gamex 2010) there was a post by LoneWolf that said that they should know if they can use their deities in the next week. So that means we should have heard from them by now. I too would like an editor - I want to add the Greyhawk Gods.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 15th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Until we secure a formal license, all Product Identity content (such as the pantheon of gods) is off-limits to us. If we obtain a license, we'll then have permission to use that content and will integrate it into the Hero Lab data files for Pathfinder.

We've been in discussions with Paizo about a license for a very loooonnngg time now, but we haven't been able to work out all the details. Lisa and I had a very productive conversation last week, and the hope is that we'll be able to finalize and announce something at PaizoCon this weekend. But that's the HOPE. Nothing is done until it's done. So keep those fingers crossed!
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 17th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Any progress in getting the ability to create a Greyhawk gods file?
lortondm is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post
Any progress in getting the ability to create a Greyhawk gods file?
Nothing stops you from adding them yourself using the Editor. The above was about using Licensed Paizo gods from Golarian. You can easily add any god to HL using the Editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote