Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MarcFox

Old November 26th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Hi!

Brand new here- Just started using Hero Lab and Realm Works a couple of days ago. Great products by the way!

I just started DMing a huge campaign that I've created for my old playing group since our last DM quit. I'm a writer and wanted to incorporate some of my fantasy fiction universe into a custom campaign for my friends (I'm actually using Realm Works for non gaming writing projects too, it's so brilliant!).

I was wondering if HL had the feature that allows to auto-create 'filler' npcs? I've done thread searches left and right, but haven't been able to find a conclusive answer. HL has been a dream come true for my important NPCs, but with the way I'm running this campaign, I want to have a pool of random NPCs to represent the tavern patrons, townsfolk, everyday type of people the PCs will run across- in case one of my players decides to interact with them randomly.

I sincerely apologize if this has already been covered, I've searched for relevant keywords and haven't found a yes/no.

Thanks in advance and I absolutely love both of these products- Thanks for making them!
MarcFox is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 26th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Hi MarcFox,

There is not an auto-create feature in the sense that it doesn't auto-generate ability scores, names, items, etc. The closest thing to that would be importing stock portfolios, but of course those are pre-generated. As of now, even that feature is quite limited in d20, though Pathfinder has more. I'm planning on adding some in the future for use by the community, but that hasn't yet happened.

I think you can find some other utilities online that would help you auto-generate, then you could use that data to create some portfolios for yourself. Sorry I can't be of more help. I will say, though, an auto-generator is an excellent idea for an add-on feature.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MarcFox

Old November 26th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Sendric,

Thanks for the response! No worries at all, I appreciate you making content regardless of when it's ready.

I'll do more research into the pre-generated characters as I'm sure I'll find some that fit my needs with a little modification.

Maybe eventually I'll be able to make some content for HL or RW.

Thanks again!
MarcFox is offline   #3 Reply With Quote