Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

dmbard

Old March 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM
So I play wood Elves and I really want to add one charater that is not found in the army builder program and I sent an email and asked how to do it and they said to post something here.

Here is the charater I would like to have added http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/w...aw/default.htm
can any one help me?

thank you
dmbard is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old March 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Should post this in the Warhammer section
gilvagor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 15th, 2009, 09:51 AM
First step; have you downloaded AB Creator (from the automatic updates section), and skimmed through the included manual, so that you have a general idea of how things are programmed in AB?

Second, find the wood elf file(s) within the fantasy folder, open them in ABCreator, and look at how other elements of those files are assembled (how is a weapon option attached to a character, how is a special ability attached to a character)?

Third, make comparisons between your character and other special characters (you may need to go beyond wood elves, depending on what sort of weapons/spells/abilities this character has. What you want to do is find other things that do something very similar to what you want to accomplish.

Now, in ABcreator, open the file(s) for those characters. I recommend starting a new copy of ABCreator for each file you'll need to look through, since ABCreator doesn't have an option to keep multiple files open at the same time. Once you have those, you can start another copy of ABCreator, create a new data file, and use everything else as a template to build your character.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Benman

Old March 15th, 2009, 02:05 PM
URL's not working
Benman is offline   #4 Reply With Quote