Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tekwych

Old December 19th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Run Faster digital edition has posted at Drive Through Stuff with 250+ pages of new rules and 16 new metatypes. New Character creation rules, qualities, Lifestyles, and all new Gear listings make this a huge update.

Mathias is gonna be a very busy boy.
Tekwych is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathizsias

Old December 22nd, 2014, 09:23 AM
Wish Lone Wolf had some kind of roadmap for their products.
Mathizsias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 22nd, 2014, 09:38 AM
I'm afraid that in the past, we've done a bad job of estimating the completion times for books, so I'll just say that we're working as fast as we can to get Shadowrun caught up, so that we have Hero Lab options for all the 5th edition books that Catalyst has published.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old December 22nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Mathias you are always on top of things and LWD (almost) never disappoints with what we finally get.

Thank You in advance for all the hard work you, and the rest of the staff, do for us.
Tekwych is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathizsias

Old December 22nd, 2014, 11:10 AM
The hard work is much appreciated, when it comes to Pathfinder for example they're quite on the ball! Lone Wolf has a bigger catalog to deal with and I understand that. Shadowrun might not be the biggest franchise in their catalog either and there's word on the street about supporting DND 5e in the future.

But some transparency goes a long way, even if inaccurate (even that can be managed), to help people plan in-game, but perhaps also financially.

I limit my players to exclusively use Hero Lab with Shadowrun because it's so crunchy sometimes, but they've been inquiring about Street Grimoire and some of the other supplemental books much like the Adventure Paths for Pathfinder.

No detriment to the effort by Mathias or Lone Wolf, just an fan of the Hero Lab product eager for more!
Mathizsias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old December 22nd, 2014, 08:21 PM
CGL often load 1.1 errata version of the digital files a month or so after the original release. It would make sense that LWD hold off and use the fixed files rather than do so much work and then add the bug fixes. Just wait and do the work once.
Tekwych is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old December 23rd, 2014, 02:42 PM
I just want to say, Catalyst went above and beyond expectations on Run Faster in terms of editing and it being a more polished product. Some of their Shadowrun 5 stuff has been horrendous.

It's almost worth getting for the extended Slamm-O!/Netcat fiction alone while it's half price!
Alistair is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old February 8th, 2015, 05:42 PM
I am waiting with my money for herolab to get caught up with run faster.
Senko is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Racoon

Old February 14th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Is there a - rough - estimate for the release of Run Faster?

I am creating a campaign that is heavily involving the Infected.
Since I use Hero Hero Lab for character creation as well as encounters I am waiting for the release to go on with my campaign.

I certainly don't want to complain or produce any pressure and I know you are working as fast as you can and Run Faster is a lot of new content.
I am asking solely to be able to plan my future game sessions, e.g. if and how many other adventures I will need before coninuing with my aforementioned campaign.
Racoon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Eneroth

Old February 18th, 2015, 11:50 AM
I was wondering if there was any other information about when this is coming out. One of my players is using some of the qualities from Run Faster, so having to set them as Custom.. so hopefully we will get something soon.

PS: Hero Lab makes character creation almost easy in Shadowrun which is amazing!
Eneroth is offline   #10 Reply With Quote