Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

FluffyDingo

Old September 14th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Recently discovered that if you select diamond soul as a qingong monk power, the spell resistance is always 10, not taking into account your level as it should. I'm submitting an error report for it, but in the meantime i need a fix. I believe the problem is that it is trying to access field[allLvl] which is not a part of the ability selected via a configurable menu. Instead it likely needs to access a hero.? field for the total monk levels of the hero, but the code for that is totally slipping my mind.
FluffyDingo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old September 14th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Edit nvm I missunderstood what you meant here

Last edited by Togainu; September 14th, 2015 at 09:06 AM.
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 14th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Check monk/unchained monk - if it works for some characters and not others, that's a candidate for the reason for the bug.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
FluffyDingo

Old September 14th, 2015, 10:10 AM
That's actually how i discovered it. I made an unchained monk, picked qingong power as a ki power, then diamond soul. Seeing that it didn't compute correctly, i made a normal qingong monk and selected diamond soul, to the same results.

I tried to do a fix myself to get by for the moment, but forgot the snipped to code i need. How do i pull the total level of the base hero? Hero.field[TotalLvl].value seems to be missing something...

Last edited by FluffyDingo; September 14th, 2015 at 10:13 AM.
FluffyDingo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 14th, 2015, 11:08 AM
So looking at this quickly I made a level 12 unchained monk with Diamond Soul and no issues. It correctly shows SR 22. For a normal monk gains Diamond Soul at level 13 and it correctly shows SR 23. Do you have anything that is overwriting the ability?

The field a custom special should be using is field[xTotalLev].value which is what the ability is using.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old September 14th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Shadow you are allowed to replace the "official" diamond soul for something else as an qinggong monk by doing so losing the working (original) ability.

If you do that and use the 14th level Ki power version (qinggong selection) of it. It will be stuck on SR 10

Last edited by Togainu; September 14th, 2015 at 11:23 AM.
Togainu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 14th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
Shadow you are allowed to replace the "official" diamond soul for something else as an qinggong monk by doing so losing the working (original) ability.

If you do that and use the 14th level Ki power version (qinggong selection) of it. It will be stuck on SR 10
But that does not work with the Unchained Monk. So I assumed he was simply saying the qingogog power that the Unchained Monk gets and it works fine sense it can't take the archetype.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old September 14th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Ok, so currently there are 2 situations going on

1. Monk (qinggong monk archetype)
Replacing Diamond soul (10+monk level) for Ki power
Then later obtaining Diamond soul as Ki power under Qinggoing power tab (10 instead of 10+monk level)

2. Unchained monk
Picking Qinggong power at the monk tab
Then under the Qinggoing power tab select diamond soul (10 instead of 10+monk level) (work around in my eyes is just to pick the diamond soul from the monk tab instead of qinggong power till the power version is fixed)

picking diamond soul in the monk tab works as (10+monk level)

Last edited by Togainu; September 14th, 2015 at 11:55 AM.
Togainu is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
FluffyDingo

Old September 14th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
Ok, so currently there are 2 situations going on

1. Monk (qinggong monk archetype)
Replacing Diamond soul (10+monk level) for Ki power
Then later obtaining Diamond soul as Ki power under Qinggoing power tab (10 instead of 10+monk level)

2. Unchained monk
Picking Qinggong power at the monk tab
Then under the Qinggoing power tab select diamond soul (10 instead of 10+monk level) (work around in my eyes is just to pick the diamond soul from the monk tab instead of qinggong power till the power version is fixed)

picking diamond soul in the monk tab works as (10+monk level)
This is correct. The whole issue stems from using the Qingong power to select it, due to the field[xTotalLev].value referencing a field that isn't present in the ability due to how it is added.
FluffyDingo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 14th, 2015, 02:12 PM
That does sound like a bug. In the meantime there is an adjustment you can add to set an appropriate SR for your character on the Adjust tab.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote