Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Madmaxneo

Old July 14th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Simple question here. I am hoping one of the developers (or someone on these forums) is participating in the Windows 10 preview. If so does RW work fine in W10? I plan on upgrading to windows 10 pro as I will get it for free based on my current OS and would like to make sure all my software will work in it, especially RW!

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 14th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Yes, it works fine.

Parody is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old July 14th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Cool, thanks!

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Madmaxneo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 17th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Colen, one of our staff members, tested Realm Works on his Windows 10 preview and (in his words) "it works great!"
liz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old July 17th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks Liz! I hope to see you again at Gencon this year!

Madmaxneo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old July 18th, 2015, 04:20 AM
I have been running RW and HL on Windows 10 since preview 00026, with one glitch in the HL update that was solved with a new preview.

Nothing to worry about here, LWD and windows 10 seem to work well with each other.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old July 26th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I have seen no problems on the latest version of the developer preview either. I'm using a new HP Spectre 360. (Amazing machine for the price by the way). V1.0162 which I think is very close to the final version, seems to run perfectly. I can't see any reason to not take advantage of the free upgrade.
Gord is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 7th, 2015, 09:00 AM
So, after upgrading my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10, I could no longer launch Realm Works, it would crash complaining about no access to the backups (saved under my /user directory).

I was able to launch it if I "Run as administrator". Is this normal behavior now for RW and Win10?

Note: I uninstalled and reinstalled it but it had no affect.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 7th, 2015, 09:41 AM
No it's not. My guess is there's a permissions problem. You say it's complaining about the Backups folder in your My Documents folder?

If you haven't already, write up a bug report.

Then, with Realm Works closed, open Explorer, navigate to your Documents folder, and rename the "Realm Works" folder to something else. Realm Works should recreate it on launch.

Parody is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 9th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Ya, looks like it. I deleted the folder, uninstalled everything, etc. Figured it maybe would correct it during install. No luck.

Also noticed a few other issues now, it crashes if I attach a 22mb PDF. But on my Win 8 machine I was able to attach it just fine. Could be related.

I did send all the crash reports in via the Realm Works mechanism so hopefully they get more details in those reports.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote