Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

CptCoots

Old January 18th, 2014, 01:15 PM
First, I've been gone for a while, maybe most never noticed, and my project on the magic item compendium is almost done (including cleaning up the magic weapon special ability output). But that is not why I'm here.

Let's say I want to make a gear item like Standard Adventurer's Kit which includes Backpack & Bedroll (just two items for this so's not to confuse the point). So i've created a piece of gear called Standard Adventurer's Kit and have bootstrapped the Backpack and Bedroll to it. When I buy the kit I get the two items (hooray) and use their weight for the weight bookkeeping (the kit has 0 weight). However, I'd like to add two pieces of functionality:
1. I don't want Standard Adventurer's Kit showing up on my list of equipment
2. I want to have the ability to sell individual pieces of the kit once I get upgrades (i.e., Handy Haversack to replace backpack).

So for 1. First I'm not sure what tag(s) to delete because the ones I have (i.e., thing.activated) just seem to reappear on the item because I'm clueless about timing and phases overall, and I don't know if I remove it from the display successfully if the bootstraps will get removed.

For 2. I'm not entirely convinced that bootstrap is the best way. I would think that something that called the purchase item "routine" would be best and jst give me a free instance of the item.

Thoughts?
CptCoots is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 20th, 2014, 05:34 AM
This sounds like what LW wants to do with the various kits in Pathfinder. Unfortunately, its not yet implemented. Also, I have absolutely no idea how to do this. Sorry.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 20th, 2014, 08:20 AM
For 1, I think there might be a Hide tag for gear, but that would mean you couldn't delete the kit and therefore the things it bootstraps.

For 2, can't be done if they are bootstrapped
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote