Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
We're happy to announce that our shiny, new Realm Works website is now live! The rest of our products will be migrating to the new design soon. We hope the new design makes it easier to explore and learn about Realm Works as it nears release!

Also on the website is a Realm Works Virtual Tour, as well as the Realm Works Tutorial Videos. Keep in mind that the Tutorial Videos are intended for users that currently have and are using the product, but they’re perfect for people that want to see the product in action!

We hope you enjoy the new website and the videos!

Last edited by liz; November 26th, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old November 26th, 2013, 01:04 PM
ooOOOoo. it's Shiny!

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Niiiiicccee, it is actually well done and very informative for new users!!

Thanks!!
Nikmal is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old November 27th, 2013, 04:11 AM
For some reason, my copy of Firefox just redirects me to the old Realm Works page (http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=realm_works) and returns 404 errors for the other two links. Cleared cache and cookies, deactivated privacy extensions, still no go. Works fine with IE, though. Weird.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 27th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Automaton View Post
For some reason, my copy of Firefox just redirects me to the old Realm Works page (http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=realm_works) and returns 404 errors for the other two links. Cleared cache and cookies, deactivated privacy extensions, still no go. Works fine with IE, though. Weird.
That's weird. I use Firefox and haven't had any issues at all. Could Firefox or something else on your system be trying to be smart and ending up being stupid by caching domain-to-IP mappings? The new website is on a different hosting provider and therefore a new IP address, but you're still going to the old IP. This doesn't sound like an issue with DNS propagation delays, since that would impact IE as well, and you're getting the new site with IE. Very strange...
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old November 27th, 2013, 04:37 AM
I too use Firefox and have gone there several times and have been browsing there in the last hour or so.

It is an odd error you are getting. Is the PC or Mac you are trying to use to connect to it a Laptop? If so have you tried from another location at all??

I wish you luck sir.
Nikmal is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jerrycnh

Old November 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Oh, it's so beautiful.

I am salivating at the mouth for this program.
jerrycnh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old November 27th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
That's weird. I use Firefox and haven't had any issues at all. Could Firefox or something else on your system be trying to be smart and ending up being stupid by caching domain-to-IP mappings? The new website is on a different hosting provider and therefore a new IP address, but you're still going to the old IP. This doesn't sound like an issue with DNS propagation delays, since that would impact IE as well, and you're getting the new site with IE. Very strange...
No idea what the issue was, but after rebooting and reconnecting to my wireless network, the new links are working fine for me.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Goreshade

Old November 27th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Very nice!
Goreshade is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
EberronKnight

Old November 27th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Great job guys, love the new website for Realm Works!

EK
EberronKnight is offline   #10 Reply With Quote