Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ChrisRevocateur

Old October 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
So I created a samurai in Hero Lab, then added a "Samurai" class to my d20pro classes document, but whenever I import the samurai, he just comes up as a fighter.

What am I doing wrong? Is this an issue with the fact that the Samurai is a Cavalier alt class? If so, does this happen with the Ninja (I haven't had a chance to test it yet). Last but not least, how can I fix this?
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old October 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
So I created a samurai in Hero Lab, then added a "Samurai" class to my d20pro classes document, but whenever I import the samurai, he just comes up as a fighter.

What am I doing wrong? Is this an issue with the fact that the Samurai is a Cavalier alt class? If so, does this happen with the Ninja (I haven't had a chance to test it yet). Last but not least, how can I fix this?
This is a configuration issue with d20 pro - in order to get d20 pro to work best with Pathfinder, it takes a little bit of customizing with special files.

To directly answer just your question, you need to have your classes.txt file modified to include those classes (Samurai, Ninja, etc.). If you know what I'm talking about, here's some pre-done bits to make it easier:
http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=844

If you have no clue of what I'm talking about, then start here (which describes the basics of what you need to install):
https://sites.google.com/a/mindgene....ets/pathfinder

Then go here (which has the most recent updates to those files you install in the previous step):
http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=170
djc664 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old October 1st, 2011, 09:08 PM
Umm.... I know. I have Samurai already in my classes document. It still comes up as "fighter."
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old October 2nd, 2011, 08:33 AM
I appreciate that, but when I added the text for the Ultimate Combat classes from the links I provided, it worked for me without issue. I would review the formatting in your classes file within the campaign folder you are using - usually it's just something like adding a space after the = sign or something.

If you can attach a copy of your classes.txt file in question and the portfolio you're trying to import, I can test it myself. Also, what versions are you running of both programs?
djc664 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote