Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

coyote6

Old June 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM
The bug isn't actually attractive, though the bug is with Attractive -- the feat, that is.

I'm getting validation errors on any NPC with Attractive, claiming they are over PL by (bonus from Attractive + # of ranks in Bluff or Diplomacy - 5), no matter what PL they are. Cha score is irrelevant.

So, PL 15 (set by other traits) and Attractive 2, with 0 ranks in Bluff or Diplomacy, and Hero Lab reports over PL by 3 -- despite the total skill being +8, 7 under PL. Edit: I suspect the code is getting a zero for PL in the PL+5 calculation; maybe the NPC PL is stored in a different variable, or calculated later?

Also, as long as I'm talking about Attractive and PL limits, I'd like to be able to count the bonus from Attractive as either part of the Cha limit or the skill limit. The actual PL limit on total skill modifier is PL+5 for skill ranks + PL+5 for ability bonus = PL*2 +10; I'd like to be able to have Attractive count towards that limit.

It's probably too minor a request to become an official option in the Configure Hero settings, but is there any way to add a house rule to change that in the editor?

Last edited by coyote6; June 30th, 2011 at 07:17 PM.
coyote6 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Honestly, I'm kind of baffled. This is the Eval Rules code for Bluff.

Code:
@valid = 1

~ If power level limits are disabled, we're valid, so get out
        doneif (hero.tagis[source.OptNoPLLim] <> 0)

if ((hero.childfound[skBluff].field[Total].value +  field[ftBonusVal].value) > hero.childfound[skBluff].field[PLMax].value) then
          var exceed as number
          exceed = hero.childfound[skBluff].field[Total].value +  field[ftBonusVal].value - hero.childfound[skBluff].field[PLMax].value
          @message = "Bonus to Bluff exceeds Power Level limit by " & exceed
          @valid = 0
        endif
The error seems to be in the field PLMax, which seems to be calculating based the assumed PL of the skill value rather than the overall PL (PLMax, in general, is a bit wonky, but the other values here aren't much better for reflecting current PL).

Changing references to "hero.childfound[skBluff].field[PLMax].value" to "herofield[CurrentPL].value +5" will fix the problem until Colen fixes PLMax.

To let Attractive apply to the total bonus, you just need to change the check to look at the total value against PL rather than adding it based on the source of bonuses. Easiest way to do it is to change the above substitution to instead check against 2*herofield[CurrentPL].value + 10. An example of replacing the Bluff Eval rule is below:
Code:
@valid = 1

~ If power level limits are disabled, we're valid, so get out
        doneif (hero.tagis[source.OptNoPLLim] <> 0)

if ((hero.childfound[skBluff].field[Total].value +  field[ftBonusVal].value) > 2 * herofield[CurrentPL].value + 10) then
          var exceed as number
          exceed = hero.childfound[skBluff].field[Total].value +  field[ftBonusVal].value - 2 * herofield[CurrentPL].value - 10
          @message = "Bonus to Bluff exceeds Power Level limit by " & exceed
          @valid = 0
        endif
I have also attached a .user file which will implement your desire. If necessary, I can add one to implement the fix on regular Attractive for NPCs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Attractive Fix.zip (993 Bytes, 0 views)
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote