Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

uarus_strabo

Old May 8th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Hi All,

I've just got the Authoring Kit with the intention of applying it to the Conan 2nd Edition RPG. But the help files are a bit confusing. Where do I start? I hadn't anticipated doing any coding, which is what appears to be the case accoding to the forums. There also appears to be a difference in using the Editor for moding copies of other games and using the Authoring Kit to start from scratch. To be honest I'm confused. Any pointers anyone?

Thanks in advance
uarus_strabo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 9th, 2011, 05:21 AM
The website (and documentation that comes with the product) walks you through creating the Savage Worlds ruleset. That isn't a bad place to start, I think. It covers a fair amount of ground on how to implement basic game mechanics that are common among systems.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old May 10th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uarus_strabo View Post
Hi All,

I've just got the Authoring Kit with the intention of applying it to the Conan 2nd Edition RPG. But the help files are a bit confusing. Where do I start? I hadn't anticipated doing any coding, which is what appears to be the case accoding to the forums. There also appears to be a difference in using the Editor for moding copies of other games and using the Authoring Kit to start from scratch. To be honest I'm confused. Any pointers anyone?

Thanks in advance
You might want to start with mucking around in an existing system. There's a lot you'll need to learn before you get into Definition, Structural, and Data files, as there is no GUI editor for those files.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old May 11th, 2011, 04:45 AM
I think you can also copy and then modify existing files or specific items.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote