Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old August 1st, 2012, 04:51 PM
I use HL mainly as a character generation tool, and that's the main angle I come in from. Sure I am a GM, but at present I'm the only member of my group with Hero Labs (or a laptop), so grunts and a bunch of other stuff I'm not worried about. Sure I'd love to see them, because I can then use it to 'persuade' my players to switch to HL (especially once the iPad version comes out).

However, I do agree that there's some things from the rulebook that we're missing and those things are most annoying - such as the vehicle bug, and also the ability to at least see my dice pools for VR/rigging and also astral. I don't personally mind if they're working or not in the game running side (tactical console etc) but so long as I can see what my dice pools are I'd be happy - hell even on the printed sheet would be nice.

All in all, I can understand why we're getting more new content as opposed to fixing what's there. I just wish I could help more :o)
Canis is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabim696 View Post
Well as I posted this in the Shadowrun Forum and have mentioned Shadowrun a number of times I didn't think that it had to be said but, the bulk of the company's Shadowrun resources. I'm saying I would like to see those assigned to the Shadowrun license focusing on the SR4A rather then supplements. Nobody is talking about Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, or any other. (In fact I use those too) I'm not sure if this was a deliberate mischaracterization of what I was saying or a simple misunderstanding either way I decided to clarify.
I try not to infer too much into a person's postings. If I see a statement like this: "...and believe the bulk of the company's resources should be spent..." then I take it at face value. Fortunately you came back and clarified your statement, which backs up my original opinion of your post: still a reasonable request to make.
Peter Smith is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Its understandable...

I use Hero Lab to run both Pathfinder and Shadowrun, and to a lesser extent Star Wars. So I know some of the limitations in doing this.

While it is a great character tool, its not a great resource manager during games.

It is getting better with each iteration, but still needs a lot of work (potentially a rebuild) to get some of the functionality the guys at LoneWolf have been wanting to add into the system to make it better for us. Rob and a few others have discussed it during some of the Realm Works beta test walk throughs.

As a developer, and manager of IT projects I can understand how hard it is to make what your doing transparent, especially when a week of work does nothing more than clean up the code so the next week you can build on the improvement.

But a base list of what functions are planned for the next release would go a long way to involving the community and hopefully giving them enough to be patient with the developers. Even if functionality needs to be slipped from one release to another due to unexpected complications in getting it to work in the code, being informed of the delay is better than waiting and hearing nothing.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote