Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to have the dice roller know if it glitched or critically glitched?

I currently have to count the 1's which can be hard to see on my screen, so I'm better off with rolling physical dice.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
velinion

Old July 7th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkelf007 View Post
Hi Guys,

Is it possible to have the dice roller know if it glitched or critically glitched?

I currently have to count the 1's which can be hard to see on my screen, so I'm better off with rolling physical dice.
I don't for Lone Wolf, but knowing if a glitch occurred should be a very easy tweak, though it may require an edit to the main Hero Lab program and not just a rules file update.

Knowing if a Critical Glitch occurred is not possible, as that requires the program to know the threshold you are rolling for (I suppose they could add a box to type this in, but that doesn't seem worth it. If they just say when you glitch, and how many hits occurred, that should be enough to tell at a glance if the glitch was critical or not.

This would be a very nice feature.
velinion is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old July 7th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Critical glitch means glitch with no success... so if you can do one you can go the other.

And a option for glitch modifiers would be cool too.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
thedarkelf007 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old July 8th, 2012, 12:21 AM
In SR, 1/2 or more of the dice rolled in a test come up as "1" for their results, regardless of how many the remaining dice result in successes (5 or 6).

A Critical Glitch occurs when all of the dice rolled for the test come up as 1 for their results.
CeaDawg is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old July 8th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Actually no CeaDawg. According to page 62 SR4A "If half or more of the dice pool rolled come up as 1s, then a glitch results."

Also pn page 62: "If a character rolls a glitch and scores zero hits, then she has made a critical glitch."

So this means HL would easily know if a glitch or critical glitch has occurred.
Canis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old July 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
What about displaying 5 & 6's in the yellow currently shown, 4's, 3's, & 2's as a bluish that kinda blend into the background, and the 1st as red. That way it's an easy visual cue.That's what I did with my two sets of SR dice.
nylanfs is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Old July 8th, 2012, 05:05 PM
What about the legendary game option then where 4's are also hits?

thedarkelf007 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old July 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I'd love that to be included in HL, and it shouldn't be too hard to include that in glitch/critical glitch checking if it were included.
Canis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 8th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkelf007 View Post
What about the legendary game option then where 4's are also hits?

Have any of you even tried using the included dice roller?
Under View, Dice Roller. Set it to "Count Successes" instead of accumulate totals.
You can set the "Success threshold" to 4 instead of 5. I do this all the time when I run my games.

I run a street level game where spending edge doesn't add dice it makes 4's count, the dice roller accounts for that. 6's always explode in my game as well, so we set the explode Threshold at 6. The dice roller works fine and has some of the things you are asking about already included.
RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old July 9th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Canis: Oh, yeah, they did update that from the previous versions. It's easier to get a critical glitch now.

RavenX: Yes, I have, set it to count successes. I found it does not report glitches. However, when you allow the console to control the initiative rolls, glitches on initiative are reported and it adjusts the combat order and dice pool modifications.

I've set the thresh hold as low as 3, and have run multiple 10 roll batches, so as to generate 1000 rolls for each thresh hold, and I have yet to see it report a glitch, or critical glitch even though I was able to locate several glitches in each 1000 roll set.

Last edited by CeaDawg; July 9th, 2012 at 12:26 AM.
CeaDawg is offline   #10 Reply With Quote