Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

CeaDawg

Old April 21st, 2012, 11:32 PM
Could an option for "custom spell" be added to the list of spells to learn in the advancements? That way players could add their cherished creations during advancement instead of having to wait for me to make a new spell via the editor before they add the advancement.
CeaDawg is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
bmacvicar

Old April 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I had the same issue with one of my players... he likes to keep back up gear in bus lockers and things like that... So what I did in this instance was just give it the name 'Bus Station Backup' so that I know it's not part of his carried gear... but you could also buy a vehicle and place it in there so it lists with the vehicles stats... haven't tried purchasing a location yet... might be worth a try.
bmacvicar is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old April 26th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacvicar View Post
I had the same issue with one of my players... he likes to keep back up gear in bus lockers and things like that... [...]
That, right there, is an awesome idea: make Identities into containers, that can be the parent entity of vehicles, gear lists, etc - not just SINs, lifestyles, and subscriptions.
_Pax_ is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old April 27th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
That, right there, is an awesome idea: make Identities into containers, that can be the parent entity of vehicles, gear lists, etc - not just SINs, lifestyles, and subscriptions.
Maybe a specific type of safe house or something you can do to make some identities into containers? This is definitely a great idea!
Canis is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old April 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM
OR have locations have a switch so that their contents don't print out or perhaps just a separate section of the char sheet that lists locations and their contents.
nylanfs is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Frankie the Formori

Old April 27th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hello, this may be a long shot. When you add Shifters in the Hero Lab options, there is one shifter in Corporate Intrigue based off the Anaconda. It is the only Rules offered in the book, everything else is adventure plot points and NPC stats. Not sure if you would add this kind of product to your line, and it would be a shame not to be able make one via Hero Lab. Heck I would pay 10$ just for this option.
Frankie the Formori is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
Maybe a specific type of safe house or something you can do to make some identities into containers? This is definitely a great idea!
Heck, any lifestyle with "Workspace" should be eligible as a container, so you can put your Workshop gear there.

Also, if a lifestyle is nothing more than a fake ID and a coffin-motel locker/cupboard, so you can put a spare gun, certified credstick, change of clothes, and similar stuff in a dufflebag and keep it there.
_Pax_ is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 27th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Other than being on the Social tab, rather than on the Gear tab, how do you see the lifestyle-associated storage differing from adding the "-Custom Location-" item from the top of the gear list?

I prefer a namable location over just containing it in an identity, with no specifics - that would be important if you had bus station lockers rented in two different parts of town under the same identity.
Mathias is online now   #68 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old April 28th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Hmm, I guess it's mostly a style difference. Mostly, for me, it's the "Workplace (_____ Shop)" bit that I want.
_Pax_ is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 28th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
Mostly, for me, it's the "Workplace (_____ Shop)" bit that I want.
All of the shops and facilities that are available for sale on the gear tab are marked as containers.
Mathias is online now   #70 Reply With Quote