Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

KiwiBlaze

Old March 23rd, 2019, 04:40 PM

I'm trying to get this table (from Excel) into Realm Works.

Im having troubles with getting Row Height and Column Width working. Is there any hacks that anyone knows of to try and get this to actually work?

Realm Works presentation of the same table.
KiwiBlaze is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
KiwiBlaze

Old March 23rd, 2019, 08:28 PM
For my situation I found a solution.

Row Height is obeyed by Realm Works, thou it uses inches (annoying unit of measure!!), and if you fill a row with characters to the limit of the column, Realm Works presents the information correctly. While this works because I have a blank row for artistic reasons, it wont always work for all users.

What it looks like in Excel.

What it looks like in Realm Works
KiwiBlaze is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 23rd, 2019, 09:11 PM
How did you enter the table? Cut and paste?

I created the following in RealmWorks using the table and formatting tools available:

2019-03-24_00h08_44.png

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 23rd, 2019, 09:12 PM
BTW, can someone tell me how to avoid images appearing so large in posts to this forum? Do I need to resize them?

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 23rd, 2019, 10:37 PM
Yes, you need to resize them. (Perhaps you're on a device with scaling enabled?)

Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
KiwiBlaze

Old March 24th, 2019, 01:15 AM
The images I use are actually that small, but are also not uploaded to the forums, but are instead uploaded to imgur. I use a program called ShareX (now available on Steam). That software can take screen shots to your HDD, take screenshot and automatically upload it to a image host (copying the url to the clipboard automatically).

The only reason I dont use in program tools as it doesn't make sense to use it when I have a full scale table engine. Like I said in the previous post however, inches and percentage for table definations is a very barbaric unit of measurement. It is impercise and if you are using a formating guide the impercise measurment is annoying.

Thou this works too.
KiwiBlaze is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 24th, 2019, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiBlaze View Post
The images I use are actually that small, but are also not uploaded to the forums, but are instead uploaded to imgur. I use a program called ShareX (now available on Steam). That software can take screen shots to your HDD, take screenshot and automatically upload it to a image host (copying the url to the clipboard automatically).

The only reason I dont use in program tools as it doesn't make sense to use it when I have a full scale table engine. Like I said in the previous post however, inches and percentage for table definations is a very barbaric unit of measurement. It is impercise and if you are using a formating guide the impercise measurment is annoying.

Thou this works too.
That's the way old school HTML does tables and the snippets are HTML.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
KiwiBlaze

Old March 24th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Indeed, but even then it didnt obey that standard. (Not in the program atm so cant confirm) but I dont recall see a "percentage of snippet area" and then a percentage for each column within that percentage, nor does it comply with X inches either.

So a bad method of measurement with a bad implementation of defining those rules.
KiwiBlaze is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Management of table formatting is basically outside of our control. We use a commercial UI framework, and they control all of that stuff. I'm not disputing the complaints with tables - we're quite frustrated with them, as well. Just noting our reality with the toolset we've got.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote