Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mergon

Old August 29th, 2018, 10:40 AM
I am planning to buy into HLO - Pathfinder 2.

I have a good amount to Pathfinder materials, but switched over to D&D 5E for simplicity.

Where can I find more info on proposed licensing for HLO and Pathfinder 2?

I have 5 licenses in total on HLC. I I buy Pathfinder 2, will I be able to access it on all 5 licenses concurrently?

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 29th, 2018, 10:43 AM
HLC licenses currently have NOTHING to do with HLO. In HLO you get a user id and password. This can be used to sign into HLO on any device but only ONE instance of account can be logged in at a time.

A future change will allow multiple logins based on HLC licenses but I don't expect to see that until PF1 comes to HLO. Could be sooner but I would not count on it.

To answer the next question if you have another family member at your house that also wants to use HLO they need their own specific account. This means paying twice for PF2.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old August 29th, 2018, 10:50 AM
That's not good to here since PF2 is still in Beta. I was going to try setting up a playtest group with only one of us having access to HLO will be a pain. My group doesn't want to pay for HLO for play testing.

I've tried building a test character with pen & paper and using fillable pdf's, but so far, give the completely modular layout of the new character sheet, they find it far to much of a hassle filling in a character.

Come September, I'll get HLO - Pathfinder 2 for myself, but I suspect it'll be a while before the rest of my group does so, if they ever do.

Mergon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 29th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
That's not good to here since PF2 is still in Beta. I was going to try setting up a playtest group with only one of us having access to HLO will be a pain. My group doesn't want to pay for HLO for play testing.
So don't pay.... You can build a 100% fully functional character in demo mode right now. You can buy equipment, add feats, skills and even print the character out or play it at the game table. The only thing you can not do is level it up past 1. But all features including the Doomsday Dawn backgrounds are in HLO right now. The update today not only fixed a bunch of issues it added most of the missing magic items.

If you are a doing a Playtest of PF2 I would assume you would want to be level 1. Feel free to tryout the software and PF2.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old August 29th, 2018, 10:55 AM
I must be doing somethign wrong. When I logged in to my test account, there was no material available with which to build a character. . . !!!

Mergon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 29th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Quote:
I must be doing somethign wrong. When I logged in to my test account, there was no material available with which to build a character. . . !!!
What are you seeing? I know one of my players has not paid for HLO yet and is using PF2.

You made a "new" account. Then logged in and you should be presented with two game systems (Starfinder/PF2).

Accounts use to take like 5 minutes to setup before they are usable. So how long ago did you make this test account?

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old August 29th, 2018, 11:13 AM
My bad. I didn't reaslize that I had to click on the newly created character to open it up for use <duh>

Thanks alot for the assist Shadow.

I probably shouldn't be messign around with this when I have so much yet to finish with 5E MToF's and WGtE . . .

Mergon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 29th, 2018, 11:23 AM
Quote:
My bad. I didn't reaslize that I had to click on the newly created character to open it up for use <duh>

Thanks alot for the assist Shadow.

I probably shouldn't be messign around with this when I have so much yet to finish with 5E MToF's and WGtE . . .
No issues... happy to help...

But HLO and PF2 is the new Shiny! Way more fun to play around with it.

The other tip if new to HLO is to click INTO things. Want to upgrade weapon click ON the weapon to open a huge new interface. Want to see text or turn an ability on click ON the ability or feat. Most of the interface you can click into stuff with now...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote