Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Toblakai

Old April 17th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Just picked up a copy of realm works, and I was wondering if the community has a place where realms are shared? I was just starting to enter the Wrath of the Righteous adventure path into a ream, and was thinking maybe someone has done this already?

I currently run:
Serpents Skull
Rise of the Rune Lords
Giant Slayers
Shattered Star
Wrath of the Righteous (soon)

And it's a daunting task to create a realm for each of these.
Toblakai is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 17th, 2016, 04:33 PM
We can't share realms at present. Doing so will require using the Content Market, which hasn't been released yet. Even once it's released we likely won't be able to share with others at first; they've said it will be restricted to chosen partners at the start.

Given that LWD is going to be selling realms for the Paizo APs and that much of what's in them is not under the OGL, it's likely you'll be limited in what you can share from the listed products.

Last edited by Parody; April 18th, 2016 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Clarified that we can't share realms yet.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old April 18th, 2016, 04:38 AM
Parody has valid points, but I think that it should be possible to simply upload a .realm file somewhere public for everyone to download.

That said, I don't know anyplace where .realm files are collected. Maybe it's forbidden by the EULA, licence or whatnot - should probably read that sometime.
Merion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 18th, 2016, 04:49 AM
A local .realm file (and any backups you make) includes your login and all of your downloaded realms. You can't separate one realm from it, though you could delete all the other local realm data first, I suppose. To restore someone else's realm you'd need to delete your current master.realm file (or use a new Windows account) and log in as them. I don't know what happens if you delete everything in a local Realm Works master folder and put someone else's master.realm file in it, but my guess is that you'll get an error due to mismatching computer IDs.

I can think of some things you could try despite the above, but the interaction between realms and accounts risks losing control of the account involved and software piracy, neither of which are good things.

It would be nice if they had designed it so each realm was in its own file and you could work with them like any other file, but that's not how it works. :(

Last edited by Parody; April 18th, 2016 at 05:21 AM.
Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
brian perlis

Old April 18th, 2016, 07:43 AM
What if we started a thread for those of us who would be willing to send out invites to see other users's realms and let them see ours? I would be interested in seeing how other people are setting up their Realms and more then happy to let people see my Realm.

If there is interest we can start the thread and post our names - either post our emails in the thread or just make people PM us for invites.
brian perlis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old April 18th, 2016, 09:19 AM
thats nice for the time being, but of course you only have access to revealed topics

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 18th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Didn't we have a thread like that once? I'm still in (one of) your Shadowrun realms. :)

Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old April 18th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Yep and I hope it helped you in some way, going to upload some more changes soon Theoretically I could reveal a lot more stuff by now.... Since the players dont check it Iam sometimes lazy to do the reveal topic, reveal all snippets chore

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #8 Reply With Quote