Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CptCoots

Old May 17th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I'm having some trouble adding this feat to Hero Lab for 2 reasons.

First, I cannot seem to see Armor or Shields as a Select From... category. Is there a way to create a custom one? This would be the most straightforward way to implement this feat and then in the eval script do the mumbo-jumbo to see if that type is equipped and then apply the bonus... which brings me to my second part.

I've resigned for now to make three versions of the feat: Shield Specialization (Buckler), Shield Specialization (Light Shield), and Shield Specialization (Heavy Shield). But I'm having trouble with checking to see if that type of shield is equipped and then adding the bonus to my AC.

I found a Hero tag EquipShld and within each shield I found gIsEquip (either 1 or 0) so I'm asking how I can combine this knowledge. How do I write the eval script that first exits is a shield isn't equipped and then checks to see if the shield type matches the one corresponding to the feat.
CptCoots is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 17th, 2013, 05:45 AM
This feat is also in the community set. There's quite a lot there, actually, and I recommend checking it out here before you try redoing all of this work.

The implementation of the feat in the community set is a little weird, but it seems to work ok. To answer your questions, though, you can't really combine the tag and field in the same line. You could use the tag like this, though:

Code:
if (hero.tagis[Hero.EquipShld] <> 0) then
  <bunch of stuff>
endif
As for the custom selection thing, yes, you can do that, but in this case, its somewhat complicated. My best recommendation would be to check out the one that is already done in the community set.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Actually, you can check both a field and a tag using the tagexpr function, provided the context you are in permits it. Here are a couple examples of tagexpr in action:

Code:
      if (container.tagexpr[Helper.NoPowers & !hero#source.OptAddPow] <> 0) then
         ~ do stuff
         endif

if (focus.tagexpr[fieldval:cArcFStart > 0 & hero#Hero.MultiFamil & !hero#CompHas.cArcFMult] <> 0) then
        ~ Do other stuff
        endif
Tagexpr lets you set up an expression, similar to what you do with candidate expressions when defining a selector, or with bootstrap conditions, which is evaluated as true or false.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old May 18th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah downloaded that set and I'm proud to say that the duplicated work I've already done was for the most part just as good as the Lawful_g set. Some of the stuff there is a LOT better though...
CptCoots is offline   #4 Reply With Quote