Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ki_Ryn

Old May 6th, 2012, 07:12 AM
I bought a drone. How to I increase the Pilot rating in Hero Lab? In the rule book I'd just buy a better Pilot program. That option does not appear to be available in Hero Lab.

If using just the core SR4A rule book, a character can buy one Autosoft and share it between all drones (see the Drone Rigger sample character). Hero Lab does not appear to support this - instead requiring every drone to purchase it's own copy of every program.

It sure would be nice to be able to copy or duplicate drones. I wanted four identicaly customized drones and entering the exact same info (and later updates) four times was exactly the sort of tedium I would expect a computer program to let me avoid.

Otherwise Hero Lab is great! I don't think I'd be able to play this character without it.

Last edited by Ki_Ryn; May 8th, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Ki_Ryn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ryu

Old May 6th, 2012, 08:15 AM
You can´t copy your software while it is copy-protected. The drone rigger would need Targeting (Automatics) twice for the rotordrones(the Doberman comes with an appropiate Targeting 3 soft). HL is not to blame
Ryu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ki_Ryn

Old May 6th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I looked up the HL sample character for the Drone Rigger and see now how to add in a Pilot program. I don't see how the HL sample matches up with the book sample point-wise when the HL sample is buying multiple copies of programs and the book sample only has one of each - but I think I can use the HL sample as a base to create my character.

EDIT: Just noticed an error: The Doberman's don't have their weapon mount included as standard (free) starting gear. Makes the gun kind of useless...

Last edited by Ki_Ryn; May 6th, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Ki_Ryn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old May 6th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki_Ryn View Post
EDIT: Just noticed an error: The Doberman's don't have their weapon mount included as standard (free) starting gear. Makes the gun kind of useless...
Technically weapon mounts don't exist in SR4A, only the limitations on mounts due to body. You need Arsenal for the actual rules on weapon mounts.

As for buying a pilot, go to the Matrix tab, and click where it says 'pilots, agents, IC'
Canis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old May 6th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki_Ryn View Post
It sure would be nice to be able to copy or duplicate drones. I wanted four identicaly customized drones and entering the exact same info (and later updates) four times was exactly the sort of tedium I would expect a computer program to let me avoid.
Definitely something to add to the features requested thread :o)
Canis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
Technically weapon mounts don't exist in SR4A, only the limitations on mounts due to body. You need Arsenal for the actual rules on weapon mounts.
Canis, there's a simple weapon mount on pg 348 of the core rulebook.

Ki_ryn, do you not own the Arsenal package? - that looks like the circumstance that would produce that error. I'll look into that.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old May 6th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Canis, there's a simple weapon mount on pg 348 of the core rulebook.
Yeah, very basic. I was trying to say what you said but I guess it didn't come out properly.
Canis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ki_Ryn

Old May 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Ki_ryn, do you not own the Arsenal package?
We're just using the core rulebook and that's all I have installed.

EDIT: As an aside, it seems a little weird that each of my drones (and even my motorcycle!) starts with 1000 nuyen in their Gear section

Last edited by Ki_Ryn; May 6th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
Ki_Ryn is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
You mean you don't give your drone's an allowance? What would the Drone & Pilot's activist's groups say, tsk, tsk.
nylanfs is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Ryu

Old May 6th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
You mean you don't give your drone's an allowance? What would the Drone & Pilot's activist's groups say, tsk, tsk.
"Then go sell your weapon mount on the black market, your owner deserves it."

*runs*

(The weapon mount does indeed seem to be tied to the Arsenal pack currently. )
Ryu is offline   #10 Reply With Quote