Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

mofous

Old February 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
I just recently purchased hero labs, and I'm loving it, so first; Thank you for this great tool.

Moving onto the issue; I was creating a character with one of my players and he has intended for his character to have the Weaponry Dodge. He met the requirements, strength 2 and weaponry 1, but the merit is set as strength 3 and weaponry 2 in hero labs. I made a quick fix by copying the the merit it changing the rules and naming it Weaponry Dodge (edit), but I would like to fix the rule, is there anyway I can do that?
mofous is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 14th, 2008, 11:49 PM
At 06:06 PM 2/3/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
I just recently purchased hero labs, and I'm loving it, so first; Thank you for this great tool.

Moving onto the issue; I was creating a character with one of my players and he has intended for his character to have the Weaponry Dodge. He met the requirements, strength 2 and weaponry 1, but the merit is set as strength 3 and weaponry 2 in hero labs. I made a quick fix by copying the the merit it changing the rules and naming it Weaponry Dodge (edit), but I would like to fix the rule, is there anyway I can do that?
There's no way to actually change the core data files. However, there *is* a way to replace core material with your own. It'll only take an extra 30 seconds beyond what you've already done.

Go into the Editor and bring up the fixed merit that you created. Go to the "Replaces Id" field and enter the id of the original (incorrect) merit. Now save your changes and give stuff a test. You'll find that the original merit is completely replaced by the new one that you corrected.

This is invaluable when a particular game element is relied upon by other material in the data files, since HL will automatically re-route any references to the original game element over to the replacement that you created.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote