Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Frodie

Old August 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Trying to make an item that will let you ware 3 rings. I think my timing is off, but the script is:

field[gQuantityR].value += 1

Thank you for any help
Frodie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 6th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Look up the magic item "Hand of Glory" as it does exactly what you want. It actually has to do with assigning an "Extra" tag to the hero.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Frodie,

You need to post the Phase and Priority with your inquiry or no one can tell if its a timing issue.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Frodie

I found it on the Ten Ring Sword.

Post- Levels 10000

~ Apply a tag that lets us equip one more ring than normal.
perform hero.assign[ExtraSlot.EqpRing]

Thanks yall!
Frodie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Caedance

Old August 6th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Re: Ten-ring Sword

Fun fact: You must have martial weapon proficiency with the nine-ring broadsword for this to function. If you don't have general martial weapon proficiency, you can spend a feat or 10k on a white pyramid ioun stone.

Last edited by Caedance; August 6th, 2017 at 10:28 AM.
Caedance is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old August 6th, 2017, 10:27 AM
To get the third slot "working". Equip the sword and go to the in-play tab to enable the third slot (basically indicating you spend the time to put a ring in etc). At that point you can equip a third ring.

As for having to equip it. The sword talks about having to wield it as stated here.
Once a ring is fitted to the tenth slot, the sword’s wielder can employ that ring as if he were wearing it, even if he is currently wearing two magic rings
Meaning just carrying it won't do anything seeing you aren't wielding it at that time.
Togainu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old August 14th, 2017, 07:26 PM
You can also try using the ExtraSlot tag group. In this case you would add ExtraSlot.EqpRing to the hero. I am not sure of the timing of the top of my head though. To be safe I would add it early.
frumple is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
SushiDave

Old August 14th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Question - I have a Barbarian with a ten ring sword. I purchased the Ultimate Equipment Guide expansion for Hero Lab, yet cannot find this item anywhere in the system. I don't know if I am looking in the wrong place (add magic weapon*) Can anyone help me?
SushiDave is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old August 14th, 2018, 02:14 PM
In add magic weapon search for "Ten-ring" and make sure you enabled the new source book.
Toblakai is offline   #9 Reply With Quote