Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

porl

Old May 6th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Hi all

I am trying to create an item power. I have the basics sorted, but it has a "once per day" effect and I can't get it to show a checkbox in the Tracked Resources and Abilities" or "Activated Abilities" sections on the "In-Play" tab. I have copied another effect's options (Creeping) to no avail.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious, but I've saved/compiled the data file and can add it to an item (weapon in this case) but even after equipping the weapon I don't get those options. I do see the description become enabled in the Special tab after equipping it so I'm not sure what else I've missed (creeping adds options as expected).
porl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
porl

Old May 6th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Sorry I should mention I'm using Pathfinder modules, but I don't think this is Pathfinder specific.
porl is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 7th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Actually, yes, the particular combination of tags that makes an ability show up on a particular table is game-system specific, so you'll get more useful help by posting it in that game's forum. So I've moved this into the Pathfinder forum.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
porl

Old May 7th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Oh okay, fair enough. I was going to post it there initially but thought that it was a generic problem. Thanks for the correction.
porl is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 7th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Can you past the XML for the item Power so we can see what you have checked/tagged? Or can you attach the .user file as it makes it much easier to see what you have done.

Otherwise in short to get an Item Power to appear on the special tab and In-Play area you need to have the following checked:
"Show On Special Tab?"
"Show in Tracked Resources List?"

Then by default the above does not show until you actually equip the weapon on the Weapons tab.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
porl

Old May 7th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Update: Upon closing Hero Lab overnight (I guess I need to sleep sometimes) and reloading everything it is all working. I assume something wasn't updating correctly after I saved and compiled the data files.
porl is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 7th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porl View Post
Update: Upon closing Hero Lab overnight (I guess I need to sleep sometimes) and reloading everything it is all working. I assume something wasn't updating correctly after I saved and compiled the data files.
Some stuff especially bootstrapped things it is best to do a CTRL-R to totally reload the game system. Also make sure you dont save a .por file when making new Things as it can often cause you issues.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote